The "how much horsepower can a Coyote handle" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I apologize if there is already a similar thread. As we all know long-term saftey of the stock Coyote SB really hasn't been well established, so hopefully this thread will help shed a little more light on the situation.

Those of you with power adders:

1. How many total miles do you have on your car/at what mileage did you get a power adder?

2. What specific power adder/boost PSI/nitrous shot are you running and what are your dyno numbers?

3. How often is the car beat on?

Thanks!

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Also, personally I'm planning on a centri blower running 575-600rwhp on the street with a race gas tune of 625-650rwhp(which would be run sparingly)

What is the general consensus on this set up? I've heard a '600-650 hp' saftey estimate thrown around a couple times.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
200 shot....10.36 E.T 1.45 60ft....used the 200 shot just once....on the dyno car made 505rwhp and 525rwtq on 150 shot......2011 Auto GT...410's, Full Exhaust,CAI,Tune,weight reduction...here is the run

1036Pass - YouTube

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Total miles: 11,000
Installed kit at 7,500 miles

602hp/480tq SAE
8 psi
Paxton Novi 2200 SL

I beat my car like it owes me money.

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
Something that would benefit this thread would also be for unfortunate Coyote owners whos engines have blown up:

-What were your mods?

-How much power were you making?

-What were the circumstances of your engine failure?

-How many miles/dragstrip passes/etc had the engine been put through before the failure?

-What specifically failed?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
1. a little over 3k miles with the blower. she is loving every boost fed mile. :')

2. procharger stage II kit with a p1sc blower with a 4.38" pulley? soon to be a F1-a with a 4.XX" pulley for 12-13 psi of boost.

3. i take my car up to redline daily. i drive my car daily. It loves being taken up to redline, mine runs smoother after a hard run. i get groceries in my car, get my hair cut, etc. I sit in traffic 100+ degree weather with my AC on and it idles perfectly at 800rpm's. i'm so proud of her :'). it's just like driving a stupid stock 5.0 until you put your foot into it.. and of course it wont sound like a stock 5.0 after you're blown.

I'm gunning for at least 675 rwhp "Safely" on pump gas and 700+rwhp with meth. With everyday driveability. I have no doubt in my mind that i will achieve the goal. For having a thrown together combo with an email tune from justin @ VMP. i am amazed at what my car has done and can do now.

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
I think this is going to be kind of like the 03/04 cobra motors. 650 range seems to be its happy zone, but you will find some that pop N/A at low power and some that make 900 without a hiccup. A lot will have to deal with the tune, fuel used, and the abuse of the vehicle.

kingnut

Established Member
I wish we had a forced induction thread.

D.T.R

Established Member
i think this is going to be kind of like the 03/04 cobra motors. 650 range seems to be its happy zone, but you will find some that pop n/a at low power and some that make 900 without a hiccup. A lot will have to deal with the tune, fuel used, and the abuse of the vehicle.

+1

ViciousJay

Established Member
Im pretty sure Beefcake was close to 700hp before a ring went... pretty amazing if you ask me. Its all in the tune

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
This is exactly why we need to have a tech section. Limit redundant threads that were covered just a week or two ago...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ch-power-can-these-new-5-0-motors-handle.html

I definitely agree with the need to have full list of mods, vehicle usage, and failures but it'd be nice to have a sticky with everything consolidated. Hint hint moderators.

4 stickies for this section is a bit low. These would cut down on tons of redundancies; Aftermarket wheel thread, this thread or the one I linked for continued development as the platform ages, the FI setup thread, and a couple more I can't think of off the top of my head.

Mike50

Established Member
I think this is going to be kind of like the 03/04 cobra motors. 650 range seems to be its happy zone, but you will find some that pop N/A at low power and some that make 900 without a hiccup. A lot will have to deal with the tune, fuel used, and the abuse of the vehicle.
Based on the failures that have been reported, I don't think it's fair to say that 650 is "safe". I am assuming that you are referring to RWHP? Every failure that I have read about involved pushing it higher than 600 RWHP. I still don't know of anyone who was running under 600, with a reputable tune, and had an engine failure. There are quite a few in the 620 and up range that paid the price, though. Unless you don't plan to really drive it hard at all (to which I would say, what's the point then?), I wouldn't go higher than 600ish RWHP. Some would even say lower, like 550.

I installed a Roush TVS on my 2011 at 10K miles, and I am now at 16K with no problems. As much as I would love to crank up the boost some more and upgrade the driveshaft, clutch, and fuel system, I would rather not deal with having to rebuild the engine. I am at 576 RWHP which is HELLA FUN on the streets, and I am pretty content with it. We all want more, but you have to balance your wants with your checkbook.

That said, if my shit pops, I'm getting it built. I love this car too damned much.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Based on the failures that have been reported, I don't think it's fair to say that 650 is "safe". I am assuming that you are referring to RWHP? Every failure that I have read about involved pushing it higher than 600 RWHP. I still don't know of anyone who was running under 600, with a reputable tune, and had an engine failure. There are quite a few in the 620 and up range that paid the price, though. Unless you don't plan to really drive it hard at all (to which I would say, what's the point then?), I wouldn't go higher than 600ish RWHP. Some would even say lower, like 550.

I installed a Roush TVS on my 2011 at 10K miles, and I am now at 16K with no problems. As much as I would love to crank up the boost some more and upgrade the driveshaft, clutch, and fuel system, I would rather not deal with having to rebuild the engine. I am at 576 RWHP which is HELLA FUN on the streets, and I am pretty content with it. We all want more, but you have to balance your wants with your checkbook.

That said, if my shit pops, I'm getting it built. I love this car too damned much.

I do agree with what you said, but the 650 number wasn't meant as an exact which is why i said around 650. That could mean 620-670. I also noted a motor can let go from various reasons like tune, what gas, and how the person drives. If they are doing runs from light to light and WOT runs every chance they get, they have a higher chance of getting a fatigued failure. Just cause it's tuned good, does't mean the gas they are using wasn't a bad blend. With the compression these motors run, and running boost, it should almost be a requirement to run race gas, E85 or require a additive. Any amounts of knock or detonation is going cause almost immediate damage to the engine. A LOT of this is going to come down to how the car was tuned. Obviously the more power you are trying to get, the more aggressive the tune may be and that much more fragile if a variable like gas is a poor blend.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Hellion TT kit
About 1000 miles since installed
I make 635whp and 585tq which is more stress then these centri cars TQ wise. It's been loving it so far and I only drive the car to beat on it. The other thing is I use to have a procharger on the car a year before the twin kit. So my same stock motor has had two power adders on it. Lol

D.T.R

Established Member
Hellion TT kit
About 1000 miles since installed
I make 635whp and 585tq which is more stress then these centri cars TQ wise. It's been loving it so far and I only drive the car to beat on it. The other thing is I use to have a procharger on the car a year before the twin kit. So my same stock motor has had two power adders on it. Lol

Yeah that tq would be the equivalent of a 700whp+ centri car :lol1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread