The Iron Coyote 'Werewolf' Engine Block from Ford Performance Is Here!!! |Exclusive First Look

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Iron Coyote 'Werewolf' Engine Block from Ford Performance Is Here!!! |Exclusive First Look

Tucked away with no labels or info in the Ford Performance Racing Parts Booth at PRI 2019 is this little gem. The worlds first Cast Iron Ford Coyote Engine block. For those making 1,000+HP and having issues with bore distortion or the like, this may be your answer. We don't have any real info at this time but will update as it becomes available.

This appears to be a partially machined version (notice the pan rails and mains).

Update :: It appears that Ford Performance is calling this the 'Werewolf' Block.

Iron_Coyote_001.jpg
Iron_Coyote_002.jpg
Iron_Coyote_003.jpg
Iron_Coyote_004.jpg
Iron_Coyote_005.jpg
Iron_Coyote_006.jpg
Iron_Coyote_007.jpg
Iron_Coyote_008.jpg
Iron_Coyote_009.jpg
Iron_Coyote_010.jpg

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I suspect few will want the 80lbs or more added weight despite being able to get more cubes.
Everything critical on that engine block looks THICK. Thats not a "Im able to get close to LS1" displacement advantages. Thats "I have a 5.0L that can handle obscene amounts of compression, boost pressure AND rev to 8,000 RPM". Even if its a heavier weight penalty, the amount of reliable power it looks like it can handle is worth the extra weight.

This is big news. Its not like the 07-10 GT500 iron blocks that looked strong but were nothing more than Iron 5.4L blocks with thin wall castings. No, this block looks like it was cast to weaponize the Coyote. Stronger than the 07-10 GT500 iron blocks, VASTLY easier to work with than the 2011-2014 blocks and literaly a metric shit ton of parts available RIGHT now for Coyote performance.

Ford, you officially have me considering a 13-17 Mustang GT because of this.... Daddy needs a newer truck for little one and knowing this thing is out there makes me less sad about thinking of selling the Shelby....

@gimmie11s Is your long block already in the car?

Swine

Established Member
sick! could be cool punched out and properly setup in truck duty.

But mostly just haul tons of ass in a straight line.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice offering!

What is the power limit on current coyote blocks? I thought they could handle some pretty ridiculous power already...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Everything critical on that engine block looks THICK. Thats not a "Im able to get close to LS1" displacement advantages. Thats "I have a 5.0L that can handle obscene amounts of compression, boost pressure AND rev to 8,000 RPM". Even if its a heavier weight penalty, the amount of reliable power it looks like it can handle is worth the extra weight.

This is big news. Its not like the 07-10 GT500 iron blocks that looked strong but were nothing more than Iron 5.4L blocks with thin wall castings. No, this block looks like it was cast to weaponize the Coyote. Stronger than the 07-10 GT500 iron blocks, VASTLY easier to work with than the 2011-2014 blocks and literaly a metric shit ton of parts available RIGHT now for Coyote performance.

Ford, you officially have me considering a 13-17 Mustang GT because of this.... Daddy needs a newer truck for little one and knowing this thing is out there makes me less sad about thinking of selling the Shelby....

@gimmie11s Is your long block already in the car?

Not yet. Sounds as if this iron block wont be available for some time. Mine will be ready to go together in early january.

If it is out by then, ill buy it and set the aluminum Gen 3 to the side as a nice $850 garage conversation piece lol.

Nice offering!

What is the power limit on current coyote blocks? I thought they could handle some pretty ridiculous power already...

Blocks are pretty strong. Early castings would crack around the water jackets in the valley. Gen 3, voodoo, and the new predator all have embossed, raised webbing in that area now and they are significantly stronger.

You really dont hear of many block failures to be honest. On stock hardware, it's usually pistons that fail taking out the rest of the bottom end and ultimately windowing blocks from subsequent bent/broken rods.

One thing i dont like about the Gen 3 is the partial open deck. The Predator block is closed deck and pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread