The Lightning that never was

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Really have been wanting into getting into another Lightning after having owned two of them. But they are now at least 12 years old and not enough newer creature comforts that I'd like.

So I went for a new '16 XLT regular cab with the 5.bro and the 3.31 gears. Its basically as fully loaded as you can get a regular cab. Plans are to swap out the wheels for the sport fx4 rims and a little drop. Also going to remove the running boards. I had planned on painting everything body color like an XL sport but the black and chrome looks great in person.
Going to drive it the way it is for the summer before deciding on a blower. Leaning towards the roush package. We shall see

Here she is

ftqbh4.jpg

6pyf6p.jpg

n16ygy.jpg

2rxefc2.jpg

sy86cy.jpg

Oh and The Money Shot :rolling:

300yuyc.jpg

Just got it home so the pictures are not great. Ill update tomorrow once I drive it more.
:beer:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Forgot to mention that this truck weighs in at 4200lbs which is about 3-400 lbs lighter than an L. Not sure why Ford handicapped with the small tires. Butnit does ride nicely and with almost 400 hp its gonna be fun

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Butnit does ride nicely and with almost 400 hp its gonna be fun
Yeah, it is!
I have a '16 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab that I ordered back in November. Truck is quick. Really quick. I ordered the 3.92 gears as well. People with the extended cab and quad cab Ram Sport trucks on the Ram forum said they can only imagine how quick it must be if their truck feels fast. lol :-D
Congrats and enjoy.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I have the white 5.0 slt 4 door. Truck moves out for stock. I can only imagine the hurt feelings with a SCer bolted on.

RichM1983

Established Member
They just don't make trucks like that very often anymore. Hell for a few years you couldn't even get one regular car short bed with a V8 could you?

Great looking truck. I look forward to the progress.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
FX4 grill!

1FTEW1EG5FFA09024-1c.jpg

Great idea btw, I heavily considered the same a while back but picked up the ST.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Very, very nice. Excited to see after the mods.

Did you have a hard time finding a standard cab w/5.0?

Users who are viewing this thread