The Mach I's are awesome..

N20D5OH

Established Member
Hey Vince. :)

What's up L.B., I know you from the Mach1Registry.

I couldn't be happier with the Mach 1 though. It ran 13.57 @ 103 my first time out and the next time I got a 13.26 @ 104. It's since dynoed 281/301 bone stock so now the modding will begin. Probably going to put my H-Pipe on the car next week. :D

N20D5OH

Established Member
Oh yeah, here is a pic of my car, I changed the hood stripe because someone hit my car in a parking lot. :(

attachment.php

DaTruth

Established Member
Chris your car still looks awesome.. I fear us LS1's need to watch out for the Mach's...

Zate

Established Member
yeah.. 4:30s make this car feel really strong.. i am hoping to see some easy 12's next tamparacing.com track event.

a while down the road is a 75 shot.. heard of a mach go 12.6@110 on a 75 shot alone.

I have a mac prochamber aswell.

Zate

Established Member
nothing spectacular yet.. havent been back to the track with the 4:30s and everything yet..

13.5@104 stock.. chris (guy with teh blue one in his sig) did a 13.2@104 stock.

I have seen them trap as high as 107 stock.

Zate

Established Member
problem with that is its gonna be ALOT more expensive than doin an 03 cobra. great cars.. but not very boost friendly.. there is already a Turbo mach and a vortech'd mach1.. both cost in excess of $7K to do .. and only run 4-6 psi.. still havent done the bottom end to take anymore power..

both put down over 400 though.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
What is the comprassion rate on the Mach1?

4-6psi sounds safe enough if ur in the 9:1 but wouldnt mess with more till the bottom end.

But 7G's damn...Nitrous sounds better every day.

N20D5OH

Established Member
10:1 is the compression on the Mach's stock, not exactly blower friendly. I'm going N20 as indicated by my screen name, it's my power adder of choice. :D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
No not at all. Thats the same Compression the 01Cobra had.

Nitrous Oxide id say.....& some 99 & 01Cobra's are making some good power. With the Different Cams id really like to know what can be put down on the ground.

N20D5OH

Established Member
I have a buddy with a '98, when it was stock with a blower and exhaust mods he put down 452 before a rod ventilated the block.

His new combo is absolutely sick. It made 565 with a D1SC and it was only making 10 lbs of boost. He's since upgraded to an F1SC and it spiked at 22 lbs before he got out of it in fear of putting a hole in a piston. It's getting tuned on Wednesday, I can't wait to see the #'s. :D I'm am in love with the 4V's now. :)

Last edited:

N20D5OH

Established Member
Originally posted by CKYlndSpd21
Is that the only difference between the mach1 and the GT is that the mach 1 has the shaker hood

Actually, the Mach 1 is closer to the Cobra than it is the GT. The Mach 1 has a Aluminum block 4V 4.6, pretty much the same engine as the Cobra without the blower and the iron block.

Last edited:

Zate

Established Member
yup.. what chris said.. Aluminium block.. same heads.. cams as 03 Cobra with intake similar to 01 Cobra.. forged crank for the 5spd.. not forged rods/pistons though.

2000-S6

Established Member
Originally posted by N20D5OH
Actually, the Mach 1 is closer to the Cobra than it is the GT. The Mach 1 has a Aluminum block 4V 4.6, pretty much the same engine as the Cobra without the blower and the iron block.

just for my records, what makes the mach's perform so much stronger than the 99, and 01 cobras? they make about the same power out of the box, so i do not know where the 4-5 tenths come from (13.2 vs 13.7). these cars run strong as hell. is it just the solid rear? weight?
thanks

N20D5OH

Established Member
The heads and cams are completely different than the '99's and '01's. I'm not sure exactly what the differences are but they were able to get some low end torque out of the motors finally. Having the solid rear doesn't hurt matters either. Just for reference though 13.2 doesn't seem to be the norm, but 13.4-.5 seems to be a pretty regular occurance. I'm not sure if my 13.2 was my driving ability or maybe I just have a strong car, who knows.

If you look at my dyno sheet in the dyno thread, you'll see my motor made peak TQ at about 4200 RPM's. In comparison my buddies highly modified '98 made 565 rwhp and only like 408 rwtq at like 6800 rpms. You basically have to launch his car on the rev limiter to be able to get it to go anywhere out of the hole.

STrikerSix

Established Member
hehe Ws6 ans SS will go to almost 12falt with 10shot..w tith everyting else bone srock.. babby brther still can't take out the 02 stock for stock and the 03 Bra when facing a tock for stock Ws6 not SS runs within.15 man i am not impressesed with this hp thing..01-02 Ws6 and SS don't even sweat the mach its funny.. becasue alot of people have put alot of faith inits perforamnce

don't go Chevy vs Frd try pontiac.. they use specail spring and carefully adusted monotubes.. outhandle, out skid and out accelerate oh and in an Automatic try it you'll see

and ws6 /ss stop in less distsnce.. due to precision proportioning sytems( bosche)

cant seem to shaket eh ghost that ben hauntgn you for more thana decadeand then ome you never owned he 80's syclone /TTA GN/ GNx and the l98 Ioc went back and fort but tenths witht the 5.0

as still s/c it at best marginally faster. at best..use a auto Ws6 and youhave your hands full 13 flats conisent..

and let say this the ws6 ss respond massively to low dose ry shot NOS upto 125..amd that alone put an everythign else stock car with $600 in mods diectly into the 11's now adda TC annitos..nd your in big trouble.. hp doesn't win races synergy does

Users who are viewing this thread