The Minneapolis Police Choke an Unarmed Handcuffed Black Man to Death

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

I give you a lot of shit but I commend you here. You are a better person than I am. I’d be sitting in my suburban home not giving a **** about the idiots that burnt down their own neighborhoods or the ramifications of their actions. They want to burn down their jobs, their stores, then **** em. Let them fix their own mess.

I was wrong about the Kung Flu

Kevins89notch

Established Member
So they've broken into a boarded up gas station next to a police station in St.Paul. Claims are they are "bombing it" and some gas stations to have propane tanks for sale. Looks like they have that chained box up front. If they started a fire and tossed some in...darwin is a knocking....

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Gas station never went bang. Office Depot has fallen, looters pushing chairs down the road. LOL USPS is having windows shattered right now.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Gas station never went bang. Office Depot has fallen, looters pushing chairs down the road. LOL USPS is having windows shattered right now.

That sucks if they burn a post office. Peoples mail and packages. Probably plenty of stimulus and unemployment checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
When "Minnesota" falls a little short of being "nice":

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 11.27.26 PM.png

Gov Walz, Mpls Mayor Frey, St. Paul Mayor Carter are EPIC ****ing failures.
Democrats, every ****ing one of them.

Buddies son is a LEO dealing with this shit.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
KARE 11's Kent Erdahl reported the crowd began running away as officers entered the area, with announcements that the crowd was in violation of the city curfew. He also witnessed rubber bullets and tear gas as officers attempted to disperse the crowd.

The Minnesota Dept. of Public Safety tweeted that "350 troopers and officers are on the ground near the Fifth Precinct in Minneapolis to clear the area and enforce the curfew."

I see some stupid games were played and there were prizes handed out.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
just saw a website where they list the cop, and his wife's, name, address, phone numbers and SS#s. holy shit!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the four officers involved:

Officer Derek Michael Chauvin
Officer Tou Thao
Officer Thomas D Lane
Officer J. Alexander Kueng

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
LEGAL COURT OF MINNESOTA 5/29/2020 OFFICIAL MATTER

State of Minnesota County of Hennepin

The state of Minnesota,
Plaintiff,

vs.

DEREK MICHAEL CHAUVIN

COMPLAINT

Filed in District Court State of Minnesota 5/29/2020

District Court 4th Judicial District

The Complainant submits this complaint to the Court and states that there is probable cause to believe the Defendant committed the following offense(s):

COUNT I

Charge: Murder - 3rd Degree - Perpetrating Eminently Dangerous Act and Evincing Depraved Mind

Minnesota Statute: 609.195(a), with reference to: 609.195(a) Maximum Sentence: 25 YEARS

Offense Level: Felony

Offense Date (on or about): 05/25/2020

Control #(ICR#): 20200338

Charge Description: That on or about May 25, 2020, in Hennepin County, Minnesota, Derek Michael Chauvin caused the death of George Floyd by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life.

COUNT II

Charge: Manslaughter - 2nd Degree - Culpable Negligence Creating Unreasonable Risk

Minnesota Statute: 609.205(1), with reference to: 609.205 Maximum Sentence: 10 YEARS AND/OR $20,000 Offense Level: Felony

Offense Date (on or about): 05/25/2020

Control #(ICR#): 20200338

Charge Description: That on or about May 25, 2020, in Hennepin County, Minnesota, Derek Michael Chauvin caused the death of George Floyd by his culpable negligence, creating an unreasonable risk and taking a chance of causing death or great bodily harm to George Floyd.

On May 25, 2020, someone called 911 and reported that a man bought merchandise from Cup Foods at 3759 Chicago Avenue in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota with a counterfeit $20 bill. At 8:08 p.m., Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) Officers Thomas Lane and J.A. Kueng arrived with their body worn cameras (BWCs) activated and running. The officers learned from store personnel that the man who passed the counterfeit $20 was parked in a car around the corner from the store on 38th Street.

BWC video obtained by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension shows that the officers approached the car, Lane on the driver's side and Kueng on the passenger side. Three people were in the car; George Floyd was in the driver's seat, a known adult male was in the passenger seat and a known adult female was sitting in the backseat. As Officer Lane began speaking with Mr. Floyd, he pulled his gun out and pointed it at Mr. Floyd's open window and directed Mr. Floyd to show his hands. When Mr. Floyd put his hands in the steering wheel, Lane put his gun back in its holster.

While Officer Kueng was speaking with the front seat passenger, Officer Lane ordered Mr. Floyd out of the car, put his hands on Mr. Floyd, and pulled him out of the car. Officer Lane handcuffed Mr. Floyd. Mr. Floyd actively resisted being handcuffed.

Once handcuffed, Mr. Floyd became compliant and walked with Officer Lane to the sidewalk and sat on the ground at Officer Lane's direction. In a conversation that lasted just under two minutes, Officer Lang asked Mr. Floyd for his name and identification. Officer Lane asked Mr. Lloyd if he was "on anything" and explained that he was arresting Mr. Lloyd for passing counterfeit currency.

Officers Kueng and Lane stood Mr. Floyd up and attempted to walk Mr. Floyd to their squad car (MPD 320) at 8:14 p.m. Mr. Floyd stiffened up, fell to the ground, and told the officers he was claustrophobic.

MPD Officers Derek Chauvin (the defendant) and Tou Thoa then arrived in a separate squad car.

The officers made several attempts to get Mr. Floyd in the backseat of squad 320 from the driver's side. Mr. Floyd did not voluntarily get in the car and struggled with the officers by intentionally falling down, saying he was not going in the car, and refusing to stand still. Mr. Floyd is over six feet tall and weighs more than 200 pounds.

While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe. The defendant went to the passenger side and tried to get Mr. Floyd into the car from that side and Lane and Kueng assisted.

The defendant pulled Mr. Floyd out of the passenger side of the squad car at 8:19:38 p.m. and Mr. Floyd went to the ground face down and still handcuffed. Kueng held Mr. Floyd's back and Lane held his legs. The defendant placed his left knee in the area of Mr. Floyd's head and neck. Mr. Floyd said, "I can't breathe" multiple times and repeatedly said, "Mama" and "please," as well. The defendant and the other two officers stayed in their positions.

The officers said, "You are talking fine" to Mr. Floyd as he continued to move back and forth. Lane asked, "should we roll him on his side?" and the defendant said, "No, staying put where we got him." Officer Lane said, "I am worried about excited delirium or whatever." The defendant said, "That's why we have him on his stomach." None of the three officers moved from their positions.

BWC video shows Mr. Floyd continue to move and breathe. At 8:24:24, Mr. Floyd stopped moving. At 8:25:31 the video appears to show Mr. Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak. Lane said, "want to roll him on his side." Kueng checked Mr. Floyd's right wrist for a pulse and said, "I couldn't find one." None of the officers moved from their positions.

At 8:27:24, the defendant removed his knee from Mr. Floyd's neck. An ambulance and emergency medical personnel arrived, the officers placed Mr. Floyd on a gurney, and the ambulance left the scene. Mr. Floyd was pronounced dead at Hennepin County Medical Center.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (ME) conducted Mr. Floyd's autopsy on May 26, 2020. The full report of the ME is pending but the ME has made the following preliminary findings. The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.

The defendant had his knee on Mr. Floyd's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in total. Two minutes and 53 seconds of this was after Mr. Floyd was non-responsive. Police are trained that this type of restraint with a subject in a prone position is inherently dangerous.

Defendant is in custody.

Complainant requests that Defendant, subject to bail or conditions of release, be:

(1) arrested or that other lawful steps be taken to obtain Defendant's appearance in court; or

(2) detained, if already in custody, pending further proceedings; and that said Defendant otherwise be dealt with according to law.

Complainant declares under penalty of perjury that everything stated in this document is true and correct. Minn. Stat. § 358.116; Minn. R. Crim. P. 2.01, subds. 1, 2.

- Complainant Michelle M Frascone Special Agent - (Source provided by @jfeedland)

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
If active duty Army gets deployed to Minnesota, it will definitely be a matter of time before someone provokes a troop to defend himself and once that starts, it's going to be pure anarchy. Those men will absolutely defend themselves and their troops until that threat is gone. I don't think the United States is ready to comprehend that reality.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If active duty Army gets deployed to Minnesota, it will definitely be a matter of time before someone provokes a troop to defend himself and once that starts, it's going to be pure anarchy. Those men will absolutely defend themselves and their troops until that threat is gone. I don't think the United States is ready to comprehend that reality.

It won't be active duty Army, just the guard for now. 3rd Battalion 1st Marines was the last to be deployed for riot duty during the LA riots. It will need to get a whole lot more violent before they deploy an active duty infantry battalion.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
It won't be active duty Army, just the guard for now. 3rd Battalion 1st Marines was the last to be deployed for riot duty during the LA riots. It will need to get a whole lot more violent before they deploy an active duty infantry battalion.
I'm not sure you're aware of how bad it really is.

As unrest spread across dozens of American cities on Friday, the Pentagon took the rare step of ordering the Army to put several active-duty U.S. military police units on the ready to deploy to Minneapolis, where the police killing of George Floyd sparked the widespread protests.

Soldiers from Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders. Soldiers in Fort Carson, in Colorado, and Fort Riley in Kansas have been told to be ready within 24 hours. The people did not want their names used because they were not authorized to discuss the preparations.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
It won't be active duty Army, just the guard for now.

I just watched one Guard dude getting roasted. Dude had to be like 19 years old, 120lbs and looked scared shitless. The people around him were calm, but cracking jokes, pointing out he's got no mag in his gun, asking if he's played enough call of duty for this real shit, etc.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm not sure you're aware of how bad it really is.

I guess I am off there but I don't think they will get called up unless it drastically escalates tonight or tomorrow. Burning a few stores isn't enough, but they will call them up if people start getting dragged out of their cars and beaten or if violent confrontations start happening more often during the looting. From my recollection, the LA riots were still far more violent than what we are seeing now. Putting active duty units on notice is just standard procedure but I don't think we have seen enough yet for them to get deployed. It's going to take a lot more fire or a lot more violence.

Users who are viewing this thread