The Name???

Willie

Established Member
Having purchased an '03 a couple of weeks ago, I'm now hitting all the forums to learn more about these cars. I do own a 2000 L so I'm somewhat familiar with the basics but not the particulars. I've done a lot of reading but cannot find an answer to this basic question. I'm sure someone here knows: Where does the term "Terminator" come from? Thanks guys! BTW, I love my new ride!!

Willie

Whiskey City

Established Member
Congrats and welcome.

"Terminator" is the name FMC gave the 4.6L, 32v, S/C engine during it's development. Just a code name.

Willie

Established Member
Thanks! Now that's cool at Ford came up with the name. That makes it official, I suppose!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
It's a take off on the "Terminator" movies. The SVT guys thought it was very descriptive of the new Cobra. I heard there was a problem with getting permission from the movie company to use the name so it remains "unofficial".

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
It may remain "unofficial", but supposedly there are parts (black side scoop intake covers for one) with Terminator on them!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

It was a working name for the car.

This was taken INSIDE DAP during the late stages of Production for the car.
terminator-proof.jpg

Gxsa140

Established Member
Mine actually has a sticker under the back valance that says "Terminator" on it. You guys should look under the back of your car, kinda cool.

Users who are viewing this thread