The Netflix thread

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Post up hidden gems or movies available to watch instantly on netflix. Since we know flix doesnt have that great of a selection.

Ill start with

(Altered) gave this movie a shot and was surprised how well done this movie was for having a low budget. If you are into dark movies with aliens then give it a shot.

(The boy in the striped pajamas) is a pretty good movie about the Nazis and the Jewish prisoners. The title should give you a clue.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010)

The story of how an eccentric French shop keeper and amateur film maker attempted to locate and befriend Banksy, only to have the artist turn the camera back on its owner. The film contains footage of Banksy, Shephard Fairey, Invader and many of the world's most infamous graffiti artists at work

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The Thing - Kurt Russel and copious amounts of flame thrower usage. What more could you want?

LaFlavor

Established Member
Firefly - Anybody who likes sci-fi, and hasn't seen this series is missing out
Archer - Hilarious series
Zombie Strippers - How this movie didn't sweep the academy awards is beyond me.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010)

The story of how an eccentric French shop keeper and amateur film maker attempted to locate and befriend Banksy, only to have the artist turn the camera back on its owner. The film contains footage of Banksy, Shephard Fairey, Invader and many of the world's most infamous graffiti artists at work

Excellent movie.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
British hit called Skins Seasons 1-3. Kaya Scodelario very hot!

Archer - Hilarious series

I'll have to check those out.

I just watched "Life on Mars" series. It's based on the British show of the same name (which isn't available for streaming). Thought it was pretty good, old cop show with a twist and Harvey Keitel is a real ball buster on the show.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Used to be a wrestling fan and caught...

"The Rise and Fall of WCW"
"The History of Wrestlemania"

Both excellent.... brought back some old memories as a kid

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Netflix sucks pretty bad but their selection is getting better. Last night I was scrolling through and saw a bunch of movies that I need to watch.

Firefly - Anybody who likes sci-fi, and hasn't seen this series is missing out

I just started watching Firefly. I remember when it was on TV it seemed corny as hell compared to other shows at the time that I was into. Still pretty corny, but im at episode 10 and its not that bad now. Think S1 has 14 episodes then onto the movie Serenity.

Also, I just saw a preview on the Science Channel saying they had new episodes of Firefly :shrug: Browncoats rejoice?

Last edited:

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
Objectified.

Objectified is a feature-length documentary about our complex relationship with manufactured objects and, by extension, the people who design them. It’s a look at the creativity at work behind everything from toothbrushes to tech gadgets.

Red94SVT

Established Member
Restrepo - great military documentary

Sebastian Junger, author of The Perfect Storm, teamed with photographer Tim Hetherington and spent a year embedded with the Second Platoon in Afghanistan, chronicling the hard work, fear and brotherhood that come with repelling a deadly enemy. Hunkered down with the soldiers in one of the region's most strategic valleys, the filmmakers uncover the dark humor, sleepless surreality and constant anxiety of war in this Oscar-nominated documentary.

Black Dynamite - really funny

Black Dynamite (Michael Jai White) is the only one strong enough and brave enough to take on the baddies who murdered his brother. What's the former CIA agent to do? Expose a conspiracy that leads straight to the White House. Providing plenty of hilarity and sexy, slick action, Scott Sanders directs this homage to classic 1970s blaxploitation flicks. Salli Richardson-Whitfield and Arsenio Hall also star.

there are allot of National Geographic/History/Discovery Channel stuff thats pretty interesting as well....

more that i can't think of...

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Dexter, Weeds, & Prison break.

These aren't movies but television series. Most people have probably heard of them, but I felt all three were great shows. Also, my roommates and I have started watching The Walking Dead but we have to send out for the DVD, can't stream it just yet.

I like the idea of this thread though, netflix can be pretty great if they have what you want.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Yeah the documentaries are pretty good.

Ive noticed that some movies that were available for streaming are becoming dvd only. Do they take away movies to add others?

Sent with My Massive Johnson

hunterp

Established Member
I just started watching Firefly. I remember when it was on TV it seemed corny as hell compared to other shows at the time that I was into. Still pretty corny, but im at episode 10 and its not that bad now. Think S1 has 14 episodes then onto the movie Serenity.

Also, I just saw a preview on the Science Channel saying they had new episodes of Firefly :shrug: Browncoats rejoice?

Not new episodes of Firefly, just syndication of the original episodes. New to them I guess is the way to say it.

Users who are viewing this thread