The Netflix thread

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Damn good show. Netflix has really been knocking it out of the park with their original series.

Getting hooked on Peaky Blinders myself, but it's not a Netflix original. Netflix owns exclusive US rights but it's a BBC production. Same with Lillyhammer which is sold as a Netflix original, was originally on NRK. House of Cards, awesome as well is in fact a Netflix production but based off of a BBC series.

All these are good shows but some should be "Netflix Exclusive" not "Netflix Original"

I'm excited but terrified to see what Netflix comes up with for the 4 movie deal with Adam Sandler.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Ultra HD?

I was checking my account settings on Netflix today, and I noticed a higher tiered package that offered 'Ultra HD' for $11.99 a month.
Does anyone currently subscribe to this, or know anything about it?

According to my settings on the PS3 and Blu-ray player, I am already getting 1080 while streaming movies, so I'm not sure what Ultra HD would offer or improve?
I did however notice this piece of text: Video quality: (up to 3 GB per hour for HD, 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD)

Any ideas?

netflix.JPG

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I was checking my account settings on Netflix today, and I noticed a higher tiered package that offered 'Ultra HD' for $11.99 a month.
Does anyone currently subscribe to this, or know anything about it?

According to my settings on the PS3 and Blu-ray player, I am already getting 1080 while streaming movies, so I'm not sure what Ultra HD would offer or improve?
I did however notice this piece of text: Video quality: (up to 3 GB per hour for HD, 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD)

Any ideas?

netflix.JPG
I've got it, think they rolled it into long time subscribers for free after the fee change. I don't think it makes a bit of difference unless you've got a 4k TV.

Burn Notice was damned good, especially in the last few seasons. So is White Collar but Netflix has lagged so bad in getting White Collar seasons on there that I had moved on to other shows and forgotten about it, still haven't watched the latest season.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I finally seen brick mansions, and it Is a DIRECT ripoff of district B13. Changed a few parts but literally the same movie. Just wow!

Jaysin

Established Member
I'm still on Burn Notice, really fun show, I have one episode left on season 6, then all of 7 and it's over. Kinda bummed about it honestly, I really like the characters, especially Sam who is played by Bruce Campbell, and Michael who is played by Jeffrey Donovan. Not sure what I'll watch once I'm done with it.

Anyone watch Mad Men? How is it?

HIonPSI

Established Member
I'm still on Burn Notice, really fun show, I have one episode left on season 6, then all of 7 and it's over. Kinda bummed about it honestly, I really like the characters, especially Sam who is played by Bruce Campbell, and Michael who is played by Jeffrey Donovan. Not sure what I'll watch once I'm done with it.

Thats a great show, I watched it from start to finish a while back. Just sayin', you are not going to be happy with Season 7... :poke:

If you like Burn Notice, you may like Dexter. I watched a few seasons of that and thought it was pretty damn good. Just started watching Californication now which is a pretty funny show if you like comedy.

DGladhill

Established Member
Thats a great show, I watched it from start to finish a while back. Just sayin', you are not going to be happy with Season 7... :poke:

If you like Burn Notice, you may like Dexter. I watched a few seasons of that and thought it was pretty damn good. Just started watching Californication now which is a pretty funny show if you like comedy.

Burn Notice is a great show, ending made me want to punch a wall though :bash: Not sure how you're comparing Dexter to Burn Notice, they're completely different but both are great and definitely worth watching.

Gravik

Established Member

Burn Notice is awesome.

And I second Dexter. Another great show.

Also the new Hawaii Five-0 is pretty good.

Jaysin

Established Member
I will probably be done with Burn Notice in the next day or two, have about 4 episodes left. Season 7 is definitely one of the weaker ones, it just feels a lot different than the others, im interested in how its going to end though. I will post what I think about it.

Has anyone watched Mad Men? Thinking that might be next but not sure. May check out Dexter as well, never watched it.

Users who are viewing this thread