The new Cobra R for sale and want to buy thread

MorganWorth

Hey, I'd buy another one in the same condition for $12K. ;) Please PM me as soon as you find one in that price range.

The east coast vintage racing organizations moved the Cobra R's (aka, Motorola Cup cars) from the racing groups that they were competitive in and placed them in racing groups with modern IMSA/LeMans race cars like the Porsche 911 GT3 and the Corvettes C6 & C7's.

All of the Cobra R cars stopped racing. So, they are good for open track events or towing to car shows. They are not street legal in my location. I suspect that it would be easy to buy one at a good price today.

They've always been street legal and will continue to be. You are able to title, register and insure them just like any other car. It would be different if it was a car such as a modern Copo Camaro or SuperJet Mustang that are only offered on bills of sale. If you stripped one out and removed lights, blinkers, exhaust and other equipment and safety features then I could see if was not allowed on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TFStang

Established Member
00r1_zpsaddbdeqx.jpg

00r3_zps6vh9jncb.jpg

00r6_zpskmszwzph.jpg

00r2_zpsdcsgl2dc.jpg

For more pictures and information here is the link:
http://www.naplesautocollection.com...bra-r-coupe-d2456a84e9dc4a8b8c6492ab5cb31959/

Asking $53,900 - Car has 1574 miles

I see in the pics you have on line a pic with the SVT Cert and keys, etc..., but no black binder and number plaque. Do you have those as well? Is this the car from NJ that sold last May along with a 93R?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
They've always been street legal and will continue to be. You are able to title, register and insure them just like any other car.

I appreciate your tech on the Cobra R cars. I may have just joined this site.

Do you own the two Cobra R cars that you are offering for sale? It's seems to me that you are a broker?

I guess the 93R was sold at auction in Arizona, but the two others did not make the reserve? What did you get for the 93R? What was the high bid on the 95R and the 00R?

I can drive down to you and buy the 95R for more than the above appraised value.

MorganWorth

I appreciate your tech on the Cobra R cars. I may have just joined this site.

Do you own the two Cobra R cars that you are offering for sale? It's seems to me that you are a broker?

I guess the 93R was sold at auction in Arizona, but the two others did not make the reserve? What did you get for the 93R? What was the high bid on the 95R and the 00R?

I can drive down to you and buy the 95R for more than the above appraised value.

Not sure what to say about this..Sounds like your off your rocker again.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what to say about this..Sounds like your off your rocker again.

It is not a great plan to register here and start arguing with the long time members. We can actually help you broker your car if you would have allowed us to do so.

Good luck with your business. I am looking forward to your professional opinion of the auction that you attended. I am a long time subscriber of "Sports Car Market" and have had a couple of cars mentioned in the past pages.

I'll scan and post your reviews.

I guess the 93R sold? What was the price with the commission? What was the high bid on the 95R and the 00R?

MorganWorth

It is not a great plan to register here and start arguing with the long time members. We can actually help you broker your car if you would have allowed us to do so.

Good luck with your business. I am looking forward to your professional opinion of the auction that you attended. I am a long time subscriber of "Sports Car Market" and have had a couple of cars mentioned in the past pages.

I'll scan and post your reviews.

I guess the 93R sold? What was the price with the commission? What was the high bid on the 95R and the 00R?

Thanks, I brought a full set up to Kissimmee and sold the 95 for 39k (pretty nice 1900 mile car with dox.) The 93 did not sell at a high bid of 60k, and the 00 did not sell at a high bid of 52k. The seller premiums are just as bad as buyers 10% each end.. I ended up selling the 00 today to a guy in Cali and still have another 95 and a few more.

The auction writeup should be in next months issue "roundup."

I gave the editors full disclosure about my cars, including a awesome all original 1970 Boss 302, one owner from new.

Cheers!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, I brought a full set up to Kissimmee and sold the 95 for 39k (pretty nice 1900 mile car with dox.) The 93 did not sell at a high bid of 60k, and the 00 did not sell at a high bid of 52k.

...The auction writeup should be in next months issue "roundup."

Thanks for your tech.

Would I be correct to assume that you are a broker?

I just received the March, 2017 issue today. Arizona may be in the next issue in "Roundup"? I guess Kissimmee will be then or the next issue?

Where are going next? I have a friend who is a long time owner of a 1966 Shelby GT350 that he needs to sell (he is moving to FL for tax reasons). PM me your email or phone number if you want to handle the transaction.

What would be a reasonable selling price for a high quality?:
  • 1966 Shelby GT350
  • 1993 Cobra R
  • 1995 Cobra R
  • 2000 Cobra R

MorganWorth

Thanks for your tech.

Would I be correct to assume that you are a broker?

I just received the March, 2017 issue today. Arizona may be in the next issue in "Roundup"? I guess Kissimmee will be then or the next issue?

Where are going next? I have a friend who is a long time owner of a 1966 Shelby GT350 that he needs to sell (he is moving to FL for tax reasons). PM me your email or phone number if you want to handle the transaction.

What would be a reasonable selling price for a high quality?:
  • 1966 Shelby GT350
  • 1993 Cobra R
  • 1995 Cobra R
  • 2000 Cobra R

I'm not a broker, I buy and sell them as a FL dealer. The Roundup should be in the next issue if it didn't make this one. As for the selling prices of those above cars, the 66 would be hardest to gauge due to many variables and I would have to put my hands on it to give more of an accurate figure.

(Higher numbers for ultra low mile under 500 "wrapper cars" and documentation)

93R - 55-85
95R- 25-40
00R - 40-60

As I always say, it's really not about the money, its about FINDING them.

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
...I buy and sell them as a FL dealer. The Roundup should be in the next issue if it didn't make this one. As for the selling prices of those above cars, the 66 would be hardest to gauge due to many variables and I would have to put my hands on it to give more of an accurate figure.

(Higher numbers for ultra low mile under 500 "wrapper cars" and documentation)

93R - 55-85
95R- 25-40
00R - 40-60

As I always say, it's really not about the money, its about FINDING them.

I assume that you also buy and sell other cars? What is working well this year?

Again, your publisher is not as optimistic as you. He rates all three as "C" on Investment Grade and says the median (or average value) to be:
93R= $33,000
95R=$29,400
00R=$34,100

This is somewhat higher than you mention. I hope that you are correct in your opinion of higher values.

I see the stock market is rolling higher and higher (new all time highs today for all indexes) due to macroeconomic factors such as lower corporate taxes with more industrial production and profits. Many under-invested people may use some discretionary income to get in the market.

It seems the market for collectible cars may stay flat going forward with the only buying demand being the folks that own growing macro businesses. They were looking tired in Arizona from the bids that I saw on TV.

We could be at a high in collector car values going forward for a few years. My old car is not an investment but a passion of owning and driving. The garage queens may get killed going forward.

Comments?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
If I had as much fun looking at my financial investment portfolio that I do playing with my cars, I would only invest in the stock market. I really didn't buy my cars as financial investments. I bought them because they get my blood flowing. If they hold their value or slowly creep up over time, that's a side benefit. In the meantime, I will get years of enjoyment from them and then hand them down to my kids.

MorganWorth

I assume that you also buy and sell other cars? What is working well this year?

Again, your publisher is not as optimistic as you. He rates all three as "C" on Investment Grade and says the median (or average value) to be:
93R= $33,000
95R=$29,400
00R=$34,100

This is somewhat higher than you mention. I hope that you are correct in your opinion of higher values.

I see the stock market is rolling higher and higher (new all time highs today for all indexes) due to macroeconomic factors such as lower corporate taxes with more industrial production and profits. Many under-invested people may use some discretionary income to get in the market.

It seems the market for collectible cars may stay flat going forward with the only buying demand being the folks that own growing macro businesses. They were looking tired in Arizona from the bids that I saw on TV.

We could be at a high in collector car values going forward for a few years. My old car is not an investment but a passion of owning and driving. The garage queens may get killed going forward.

Comments?

The SCM values for the R really need an update and I told my editor about it. Hagerty price guide seems more realistic with the current values. The collector car market shouldn't be grouped into one chunk as some cars are moving up and others are declining. My thought on the R market is that they will continue to rise in value due to the limited production and the elimination of any market saturation like what happened to the 930 Turbo roller coaster. In September of 2013 it seemed that the median values of the 930 Turbo went from 60-120k, then a year later to 200k so every doctor in town who had one in his garage decided to sell it ultimately flooding the market and bringing the prices back to 100k. Same thing with the Testarossa happened. I have decided as a collector to only focus on the cars that can avoid saturation and still be purchased for a reasonable amount of money.

Edit: They are also awesome cars!

Last edited:

nmp1

Established Member
Hagerty is weak

per Hagerty, these are their average values

93R $36,800
95R $15,000
00R $25,000

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread