The Official Centrifugal Pulley/Boost Combo Thread!!!

97snakebite

Established Member
1. 4v B Head
2. P1SC
3. stock motor so 10.5-1
4. Stock heads
5. Stock Cams
6. Stock intake
7. Procharger 3 Core
8. frpp headers, o/r H w/custom 2.5 catback
9. 3.90 pulley
10. Amount of Boost you are seeing at X RPM. 10 psi @6100
11. No power pipe
12. HP/TQ - So disappointed in my last run i didnt even look..car keeps shutting fuel off for some reason. will ask my tuner today what we got bub i think it was around 450rwhp on crappy 91

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Good numbers man, I hope Shaun can get it worked out for you.. BTW stock compression is 9.8 not 10.5

97snakebite

Established Member
Good numbers man, I hope Shaun can get it worked out for you.. BTW stock compression is 9.8 not 10.5

i typo'ed but i think its 10.1-1 for the b head... we are at loss with my car... We cant pinpoint the problem... I think my computer is f*ing everything up..it sucks big balls :(

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That sucks man.. And trust me for a b-headed car is 9.8 ;-).. I hope that a new computer fixes the issue though.

SVTPete83

Established Member
i saw your car there...whats gettin done?

It's just waiting on a tune and a few small things as of now. Shaun built me a badass little 4.9l stroker motor with b heads we did a t-56 magnum and built rear end. Car should be finished up in a few weeks pending no fuel problems. I'm hoping my little 255 and a BAP will be enough!

97snakebite

Established Member
It's just waiting on a tune and a few small things as of now. Shaun built me a badass little 4.9l stroker motor with b heads we did a t-56 magnum and built rear end. Car should be finished up in a few weeks pending no fuel problems. I'm hoping my little 255 and a BAP will be enough!

i ran outta fuel with a bap and 255 500whp...but since my last visit i think its not my fuel setup:(

SVTPete83

Established Member
Damn thats rough. Hopefully you guys get it sorted out. My last setup hit 480 rwhp with just the 255. I am hoping the BAP will give me some more room. If not, prob gonno do a pickup tube and an a1000

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Those of you with prochargers using blow-thru setups: is your MAF still located in the fenderwell after the intercooler? If you are using a LMAF or similar, how do you have it clocked? What position is the flat part located? Or even simpler, which way is the wiring harness pointed? (that's 90 degrees from the flat part.)

Anyone with the blow thru mass airflow set up please feel free to chime in as well.

Helomech74

Established Member
Those of you with prochargers using blow-thru setups: is your MAF still located in the fenderwell after the intercooler? If you are using a LMAF or similar, how do you have it clocked? What position is the flat part located? Or even simpler, which way is the wiring harness pointed? (that's 90 degrees from the flat part.)

Anyone with the blow thru mass airflow set up please feel free to chime in as well.

I always move it out of the fender and use a slot type sensor. I got tired of tuning headaches with the MAF in the fender and switching to a slot meter in the engine bay cured all my issues. It requires some changes to the intake tubing, but it's worth it.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I always move it out of the fender and use a slot type sensor. I got tired of tuning headaches with the MAF in the fender and switching to a slot meter in the engine bay cured all my issues. It requires some changes to the intake tubing, but it's worth it.

x2- slot style meters have much better resolution.

97snakebite

Established Member

my maf is pretty much in the stock location and im using a Pro-m.. Thinkin bout changing to slot style...again

triple-s

Established Member
Trying to make around 20 pounds.Does anybody know what size pulley I would need on a f1a 2v with ported heads?

SVTPete83

Established Member
1. 4v B heads
2. Vortech V-1 s trim, legacy series
3. Stroker crank bored .10 over 298 cubes 8.5:1 comp
4. No porting
5. Stock 96 cams
6. Ported short runner intake by PHP
7. Vortech Aftercooler
8. Stock headers, magnaflow x and catback
9. Innovators west 10% od, 3.33 blower pulley
10. 12psi at 6500
11. Custom AED powerpipe with mondo bypass recirculated
12. 519hp\459tq

I am pumped to be able to finally update my numbers!!

SVTPete83

Established Member
Not at all a man! Shaun just said my car was loving the timing. When we did the first tune a few years ago it was the same story. He was kinda shocked that it responded so well to timing. For my street tune he knocked it back to 24. Which is still a ton!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
wow that's crazy hahaha!! Right on man! I run 18 and I have a 20 degree tune. I really need to get a hand held so I do 23 degrees and 104 octane.. I bet my car will pick up some good power.

Users who are viewing this thread