The Official MGW Shifter Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
i installed my MGW went to the track as soon as i was done, i mean i had no time to get used to the new feel of it and shifted flawlessly!

esayCobra

Established Member
I know this is not the correct thread, But I have a MGW shifter + Both handles + Some extra springs + Adjusting tool for sale. Don't have the Boot.
Used about 500 miles, Friend went to an automatic. $165 shipped.
still have this? send me a pm if so.

thanks

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Had mine for about a month and a half...took about 400 miles of semi-hard driving to break it in...

esayCobra

Established Member
hey all. just installed MGW shifter yesterday. anything is an improvement over that stock piece of crap!!!!

some questions. Did you reuse the stock small inner boot? Didn't seem like it wanted to fit.

also, I have CobraBob's gasket kit unused that I'll send to ya for $5.00. let me know if interested.

DCTHOM3

Established Member
Had MGW on my 95 GT and just finished installing on my new Cobra. Great Product. That inner boot was a pain in the @ss, but with a little lube it slid right on

20psirabbit

Established Member
i called mgw to see if they would make a longer/taller handle (like the agent 47 handle) so the shifter handle would be closer to you. this would be most useful for road/canyon applications as you wouldn't have to reach for the shifter, but i'm sure some street and drag guys would like it as well. mgw said they didn't have any plans and wouldn't do a one off piece like this. would anybody else bje interested in something like this? i wonder if they'd make it if there were a group of people that wanted one?

IceMan

Vanilla Ice
Established Member
just put the gold/orange in, this walkthrough helped me out a bit, thanks OP:beer:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
How come he did not use the provided shifter stops? Isn't that a must? Anybody have a good write up on exactly where to set them? I usually install my shifters, then run them to my trans shop and have them adjust it. They just use feeler gauges.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
How come he did not use the provided shifter stops? Isn't that a must? Anybody have a good write up on exactly where to set them? I usually install my shifters, then run them to my trans shop and have them adjust it. They just use feeler gauges.

As stated in my write up, and per MGW's strict instruction, DO NOT USE THE STOPS ON THE COBRA T-56 TRANSMISSION.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
WOW what a difference!!! the feel and position are great especially the position. its not as far forward as b4. its very notchy and precise. im sure it will get better but its worth it.

mustang_guy

Established Member
Got a few questions if anyone can help me out.
Is there any difference between the red and blue handle?
Do they both come in the kit or do you have to specify which one you want?

Steve2050

Established Member
I just installed mine a couple of days ago. Really nice piece and great feel. The stock is junk compared to MGW.
MT315s018.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread