The older guys from the start... What are you doing now?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I think I meet many of you at the Mustang 40th Event at Nashville in April, 2004?

The opening ceremony on Thursday included a flyover by Jack Roush in his vintage P-51 Mustang plane. Mustang celebrities in attendance included Carroll Shelby, John Force, Steve Saleen, and Don Frey.

It was a great day over 18+ years ago. I think all of us are still around? I raced my 1965 Mustang.

It was the year before at Autobahn in Chicago in 2003 when I showed up in my 1995 CobraR?

Autobahn.jpg

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
My MARAUDER just turned 20 in my possession...
STILL brings me smiles EVERY mile...and STILL turns heads and is 1 of 1 with my plethora of upgrades from the platform I took delivery of June 22nd of 2002.

I understand it's NOT an actual SVT vehicle...but it SHOULD have been. I've been here in "Sid's House" since '06...

1656631065010.jpeg

dscf1463_zpseccd71ea-jpg.623054

dscf1458_zpse997682b-jpg.623053

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
My MARAUDER just turned 20 in my possession...
I've been here in "Sid's House" since '06...

Nice car. It's an older Hot Rod Mercury. I remember them well wanted one.

I'd rather be in Gwen's house over Sid's house. Just saying.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Doc,

Yes, I remember Nashville and that is where we first met. That is where Gene Boc and I changed out my tranny on Wednesday in the garage the evening before the track event started for Thursday morning. He took the broken tranny home and fixed it and I got it from him a couple years later at Barber as I recall.

Tom

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, the good old days! Way too many awesome memories to post here. One of the best, though, was when I went to Maple Grove with my '03 Cobra and had an SVTP member install a few mods and do a custom tune. The before and after was epic. Awesome times back then, and many great ones going forward.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
This was my car in those days. This was in the paddock at Road America.
94Cobra.jpg

This was it racing in Sebring (1997). It had camber plates, a rollbar, and the H-pipe that replaced the one with the catalytic convertors.

94CobraSeb.jpg

I do remember Nashville and Autobahn (brought a 95R). I missed the one at Barber.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice video Todd.

I say both of you did well. Those Nascar tracks with 'added' road courses are all very difficult.

I am an expert in racing Fords in vintage racing: I spent $5000 for each $5 trophy.

65RA2008.jpg

65redAug09.jpg

It sure was fun, I and started earlier with my 1965 Mustang from high school (yes, I graduated).
1965MustangPBR.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you still qualified to drink beer and sit in the pits?

Tom
Tom.
I can still drive cars that other people own. ;)

The driving part is easy. It's the loading the trailer, unloading the trailer, pushing the car to tech. Then a guy has to jack the car up after each session to check everything. The race gas ain't cheap.

And then loading everything back in the trailer and drive back to the storage place. I figure checking the car is another thing before the next race.

I'll include the entry fees (almost $1000/weekend in vintage). My friends never bought the beer in the paddock.

I could kick in some cash and beer if you do all the work. ;)

I have several sessions in a Snipes car (the Stars and Stripes car).

Mitty2013.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread