The Real 2015 Mustang

chuckstang

Established Member
that doesn't look bad at all, but it has too much of the 'feel' of the 5th gen camaro, FR-S/BRZ, and genesis coupe. there seems to be a "sharp curves" sort of trend in the current generation of sports cars, and, in my opinion, they aren't aging well at all. both the camaro and genesis coupe already look dated, despite the fact that they are on a standard model timeline(I.E., they aren't really long in the tooth), and i don't believe the toyobaru twins will hold up too well either(though their bland, unoffensive designs should help them in this area).

this...
2015-ford-mustang-inline-1-photo-477977-s-original.jpg

...is still my favorite design for the '15, and i think it's a very fresh and upscale(grandiose even?) design that the sports car segment REALLY needs to pull it out of this gaudy, "head turning, yet cheap" trend in design. just like the fusion, bring $100,000 automotive design into the reach of the masses, change automotive design in the more affordable segments, and encourage the designers of $100,000+ cars to push and evolve auto design in the upper segments. the 50th anniverseray of the ford mustang is the absolute perfect car and perfect time to trigger a major change in automotive design. while not revolutionary, it would be a huge step in evolution.
the above design, while very similar, just looks like a cheapened "hot wheels" version of the aforementioned rendering.

Looks identical to an A5. No thanks.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Seriously speaking, I dont think the new Mustang will look exactly like that, a little more towards the EVOS concept design. Obviously, the rendering grabs couple of things of the EVOS, but if you look at the roof-line, mirrors, upper part of the door and the 3rd qter panel hips, those are from the current Mustang. Also, the lines looks very edgy while in Ford's new design language the lines are more subtle and rounded.

Saying that, McBRIDE's interpretation looks spectacular! I think he nailed in the front portion of the car (fender to front bumper) :D

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
It won't look that sexy in person. Rims are too big, windows are too small, and you forgot about the Mustang 4-inch gap between tire and fender!!!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Revealed...

attachment.php

Bloody ****ing Hell......Dam.....That would make me consider giving Roxxy up !!! Now that is a sexy sexy beast !

Now hmmm...shrink the rims down to a 19~20 stagger, same rim concept though, keep the front. Round off the roof lines just a little for the live model, and I say they have a winner in the design. SO I am guessing a GT would not have the same hood, or front splitter, but overall I like it.

IF this is the real deal....or will be like the real deal.

Last edited:

91z28350

Established Member
Looks good, but I hope they do not go with the gun slit windows. Belt line is too high. Will be interesting to see what the final design really looks like.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
That looks good. Some changes will obviously need to be made for a production version (an actual front bumper), but definitely keeps the mustang look unique, and keeps it away from the two door aston fusion.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Looks good, but I hope they do not go with the gun slit windows. Belt line is too high. Will be interesting to see what the final design really looks like.
The "Silhouette Innovation" will lower the roof-line a bit. Although, the gun-slit windows are not a given just because it is designed without the B-pillar on a 3 pillar layout. The roof in general will be smaller, this will make the side windows curve in and up a bit. This helps relieve the pill box feeling you get in almost every Camaro...

The idea: Lower the roof-line while spreading out the Left/Right A pillars and the Left/Right B-pillars to all four corners. This increases structural rigidity and eliminates extra weight of an A,B and C pillar setup. This obviously helps with performance (aerodynamics) but also increases side and rollover protection. The term "Silhouette Innovation" is a FoMoCo buzz word like "Ecoboost" and "Control Blade" but is really no more than a "Fastback" which was also a FoMoCo buzz word because sports roof wasn't gettin' it done.

As far as this concept goes...

I believe that this is it or damn close. I also think that this render, stand alone and by itself, was very well drawn, colored and innovated. The fascia has endless possibilities to let Ford distinguish models from each other. Literally, from the grill back, is what I am looking for in the next generation. The headlights are OK with me but I'm sure some beefier lights are in order. I absolutely love it and I'm glad I held onto my $60k.

My wife LOVES it too!!!

Last edited:

91z28350

Established Member
I am cautiously optimistic, I am hoping, based on this render, that Jalopnik's fastback design was correct. That Car was ****ing Bad Ass!.

I really hope it doesn't look like the Civic/G37/Genesis abortion posted at the top of the page; on the other hand, if it did, it would make my 2012 more valuable.

Users who are viewing this thread