The Rise of Skywalker - Final Trailer

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Can't wait. Loved Solo, loved Rogue One...Force Awakens was decent, this looks amazing, as does the new TV show. Not sure how some of you think it fell apart when Lucas left. He ruined it with the prequels.

Probably because they've ruined every character you cared about from the original trilogy.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Probably because they've ruined every character you cared about from the original trilogy.

Nah...can't keep characters around forever. Han was always my favorite growing up and he went out because Ford didn't care for Star Wars at all and it was the only way to get him in the movie. Luke was/is a whiny little brat. Leia, well, she was awesome. Only thing that attempted to ruin her character was the Mary Poppin space scene. Anakain Skywalker? Yeah, that's on Lucas. He ruined that character.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Nah...can't keep characters around forever. Han was always my favorite growing up and he went out because Ford didn't care for Star Wars at all and it was the only way to get him in the movie. Luke was/is a whiny little brat. Leia, well, she was awesome. Only thing that attempted to ruin her character was the Mary Poppin space scene. Anakain Skywalker? Yeah, that's on Lucas. He ruined that character.

They made Han a deadbeat Dad. The Droids are useless. Luke was a crazy old hermit.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
They made Han a deadbeat Dad. The Droids are useless. Luke was a crazy old hermit.

Deadbeat? I mean, in all 3 original movies, he just wanted to move on. Was he supposed to have a change of character after his son joins the dark side? The droids do the same as always, get into trouble....and Luke became what Obiwan was. What would you rather have had happen to those characters that would have made things that much better?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Deadbeat? I mean, in all 3 original movies, he just wanted to move on. Was he supposed to have a change of character after his son joins the dark side? The droids do the same as always, get into trouble....and Luke became what Obiwan was. What would you rather have had happen to those characters that would have made things that much better?

I just see it differently.

blk02edge

Established Member
Im kind of on the same page as you.. I mean if you dont like the current stuff I dont understand how TF anyone could like the originals with that annoying snowflake skywalker and teddy bear puppets... But yea to each their own.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Im kind of on the same page as you.. I mean if you dont like the current stuff I dont understand how TF anyone could like the originals with that annoying snowflake skywalker and teddy bear puppets... But yea to each their own.

Wasn't crazy about that either, but SNES games were awesome.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I liked rogue one and honestly I liked Solo too...have not cared a great deal for episodes 7, 8 and won't likely care much for the last installment.

I haven't really watched Solo yet. May try that tonight.

Considering the stand alone films have been decent, I will hold out hope for The Mandalorian.

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor that Disney has to pay Lucas royalties on characters he created, which explains what that series isn't about Boba Fett?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I haven't really watched Solo yet. May try that tonight.

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor that Disney has to pay Lucas royalties on characters he created, which explains what that series isn't about Boba Fett?
IMHO Ron Howard coming on board saved that movie. I think he pretty much had to reshoot the whole thing at the point he came on to direct.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Only point I agreed with was the pushing of genders/ethnicity, etc etc....but hard to take a drunk Irish seriously in his film reviews...

that's the part I mainly agree with, the whole gender diversity push has really soured me on these films, that and they completely threw cannon out of the window. I love and has always loved the Star Wars universe and will watch the new movie, just because I feel compelled too. I am too much of a Star Wars geek not to...

sidewinderl

Established Member
Nah...can't keep characters around forever.

...he says of a movie franchise that's already almost as long as the originals and hasn't gone a single movie without referencing the original characters.

It wasn't necessary to use them at all, and it was even less necessary to bring them back just so Disney could teabag them.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
...he says of a movie franchise that's already almost as long as the originals and hasn't gone a single movie without referencing the original characters.

It wasn't necessary to use them at all, and it was even less necessary to bring them back just so Disney could teabag them.

Wasn't necessary to use them at all? The plan for the past 35 years was a full 9 film saga. So how do you finish that without bringing back the original characters??? LOl...

Users who are viewing this thread