The saving of a 1998 BAB Cobra

mysteed

Established Member
A new month and another deadline pushed back. The painter and I talked and he is shooting to have the BAB done by the end of April as friend of mines '71 Corvette is going in for final paint this weekend. This is good because we're in the middle of house shopping right now and it's less stress on me when the vehicle gets back. It's bad because there is NO WAY that I am going to have the vehicle done for Mustang Week or Mod Motor Nationals. Oh well, maybe next year.

mysteed

Established Member
Well time for a big update. The painter has made tremendous progress on the car over the last few weeks. I would even suffice to say that we are on the backswing of this painting process. The painter found that the left rear quarter panel was...well...a LOT worse than what was expected. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

erwevs.jpg

2642xsg.jpg

egnxgk.jpg

ir0pix.jpg

2s0o6td.jpg

24gne5w.jpg

1z2pngn.jpg

124yiva.jpg

migjv6.jpg

25fn9mr.jpg

a9weog.jpg

egbewn.jpg

1p8bbc.jpg

A5295

Four Eyed
Established Member
Well time for a big update. The painter has made tremendous progress on the car over the last few weeks. I would even suffice to say that we are on the backswing of this painting process. The painter found that the left rear quarter panel was...well...a LOT worse than what was expected. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Wow, that quarter was really hammered (pun intended) looks like you’ve got an outstanding body man, though! Plenty of others might not have been so thorough.

mysteed

Established Member
Great post
Thank you.

Wow, that quarter was really hammered (pun intended) looks like you’ve got an outstanding body man, though! Plenty of others might not have been so thorough.
Yes he is very good at what he does.

BAB is my favorite SN-95 Cobra color. I think you have a winner on your hands.
Thanks sir!

I agree on both. The color and the body work. Looking forward to seeing this finished up.
BAB is my favorite color for sure. Tis actually the main reason I got the car in the first place.

Looking great, Nate!
Thanks Alex!

Love the progress so far. Can I ask who is painting your car? I'm in west ga and having a hard time finding a reputable painter.
A good friend is doing the work. I will warn you that he is not cheap but obviously he does things the right way. I can get you his contact info if you'd like.

mysteed

Established Member
This past weekend the painter tackled the right side of the vehicle. I think I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

20qg8ie.jpg

5n8xed.jpg

1qs5ls.jpg

2ed85qs.jpg

x29xci.jpg

2pqklrs.jpg

9kc9jd.jpg

n2ddab.jpg

160r9fr.jpg

33p7thw.jpg

2vdms61.jpg

Attachments

• 20qg8ie.jpg
    20qg8ie.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 5n8xed.jpg
    5n8xed.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 241
  • 1qs5ls.jpg
    1qs5ls.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 231

mysteed

Established Member
So at this point all that should be left to do is the bumpers, hood, sideskirts, front fenders, and trunk for prep. Then everything gets painted and wetsanding can commence. I can hardly wait.

Time to find a house with a garage worth of this build.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
So at this point all that should be left to do is the bumpers, hood, sideskirts, front fenders, and trunk for prep. Then everything gets painted and wetsanding can commence. I can hardly wait.

Time to find a house with a garage worth of this build.

Hell yes. There was a younger guy that had a BAB 98 way back. At the time, 2000ish, it was full exhaust, 4.10 gear, and other bolt ons. Car was quick for the time and always looked good. Brings back some fun memories.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Thank you.

Yes he is very good at what he does.

Thanks sir!

BAB is my favorite color for sure. Tis actually the main reason I got the car in the first place.

Thanks Alex!

A good friend is doing the work. I will warn you that he is not cheap but obviously he does things the right way. I can get you his contact info if you'd like.

I don't mind paying for quality work. Send me his info if you don't mind. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread