Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grand Cherokee 4x4

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
Did the same thing with a Prelude when in Japan, slightly better than what I saw in SK. Think the craziest place Ive seen was Thailand, that place is on a whole other level.
Ya, no way I would bother owning a nice car in Thailand. Just get a moped like everyone else. I was actually supposed to be there right now for a golf tournament last weekend, but it was cancelled.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dude lives in Louisiana WTF does he need snow tires for?
Porsche 911 all day long and twice on Sunday.....

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
Dude lives in Louisiana WTF does he need snow tires for?
Porsche 911 all day long and twice on Sunday.....

What, you never seen snow in Louisiana? It's snowed 3 times in New Orleans over the past decade. One time it even stuck for about 2 hours. lol

I think a 911 with a good set of all-season tires would be great.

I just looked up some stats out of curiosity. Last year Korea (Seoul) had 30 snow days, 21 ice days, and 104 days with rain. Not sure how that stacks up to a typical northeastern US city, but it doesn't really seem that bad. I just know from experience, that when you typically head to work before sunrise, the roads get a bit hairy. My Jeep in 4-H had no problems whatsoever, but I had to laugh at the 2wd cars trying to get up hills. Black-ice being a real pain.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
Baht bus FTMFW, give them $5 and you have a personal chauffer for a few days.

That's definitely the way to roll. My golf trip to Hua Hin in 2018 was awesome because my sponsor provided me with a chauffeured van and a guide/translator. I was able to hire them for non-golf days on my own and like you said, it was damned cheap. I think it was 1000 baht/day (or $40) and that was for a Mercedes van and guide all day. My favorite part was not having to think or deal with anything. Those little tuk-tuk trucks or whatever they were called are cool too. Just .50 cents and hop off wherever you want. My wife hated them, but I got a kick out of it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
While newer cars are not as susceptible to rust from road salt I would get a reliable beater. May get a nice car there if you can garage one.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

08mojo

Established Member
For a true daily driver, out of the list you proposed, I would go with a nicely pointed Grand Cherokee. It's hard to beat the convenience of a SUV for daily duty.

Have you considered BMW X3M40i or Audi SQ5? If not, they are definitely worth consideration and a test drive.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
For a true daily driver, out of the list you proposed, I would go with a nicely pointed Grand Cherokee. It's hard to beat the convenience of a SUV for daily duty.

Have you considered BMW X3M40i or Audi SQ5? If not, they are definitely worth consideration and a test drive.
I agree, I think going with the Grand Cherokee is what's going to get me what I want out of a vehicle. Most likely the Overland model because its just as capable as the Trailhawk and has a few more options.. options that I cant live without, like heated seats.
Gd09Bn7

Last edited:

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
While newer cars are not as susceptible to rust from road salt I would get a reliable beater. May get a nice car there if you can garage one.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.
Luckily they don't salt the roads there, they just use dirt. Makes a mess, but at least it not salt. Granted, the whole country is surrounded by saltwater... As for garages, I'll be buying an apartment that has underground parking, already have my eye on a few new developments. Underground and other parking structures is one reason I cant consider going back to a Wrangler. With a 4" lift & 35" tires, it was to high to fit inside most parking facilities. The width made it a pain to park just about anywhere. During camping season I loved it, and driving in snow as like any other day. But for the day-to-day mundane, it was inconvenient.

Gd09Bn7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread