The Smurfinator's engine build has begun

1320 Junkie

Established Member
2016-05-27_20.02.35_zpsfp3d5ylz.jpg

23psi same boost as last year but a nice margin of gain in the power and TQ dept. This is low boost for my combo...we still have 2 more pullies to go lol.

Last years base 4.5 max dyno pull in left and 3.6 max dyno pull on right from 2014

20150813_235342_zpsiud72qa0.jpg

Last edited:

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Cage/roll bar...same thing

A cage and bar is not the same. The Roll Cage is way more involved and expensive (NHRA 4.11 for 7.50-9.99 ET). The Roll Bar is way less work and cost (NHRA 4.10 for 10.00 and slower ET).

I won't be able to make the rental due to work. It sucks that I'll be working close to the track and thinking about it all day. Keep me informed of other rentals and let us know how you do.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
A cage and bar is not the same. The Roll Cage is way more involved and expensive (NHRA 4.11 for 7.50-9.99 ET). The Roll Bar is way less work and cost (NHRA 4.10 for 10.00 and slower ET).

I won't be able to make the rental due to work. It sucks that I'll be working close to the track and thinking about it all day. Keep me informed of other rentals and let us know how you do.

Was hoping someone would post this before I did. Definitely not the same.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Was hoping someone would post this before I did. Definitely not the same.

Around here the lingo means the same bar/cage however you want to describe it. 9.99 and faster NHRA cert isnt in my plans.. Im only doing a 6 point and removable door bars...while its not what i truely need its better than nothing in my opinion. Not cutting up my dash board and adding a bar in front of my head which is super dangerous in a street car without a helmet on......its just a full weight street car anyways...how fast could it possibly be... :)

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Around here the lingo means the same bar/cage however you want to describe it. 9.99 and faster NHRA cert isnt in my plans.. Im only doing a 6 point and removable door bars...while its not what i truely need its better than nothing in my opinion. Not cutting up my dash board and adding a bar in front of my head which is super dangerous in a street car without a helmet on......its just a full weight street car anyways...how fast could it possibly be... :)

How fast could it be... LOL

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Did you ever get the new motor running right and make any decent passes…..haven't heard much about the performance of the "dream team" build….

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Wow im honored after not posting on this site or visiting for quite some time my fan club is still going strong. Maybe you should follow me on facebook Steve...you can get all the updates your looking for.

New motor has about 1000 street miles on it already...so your wrong there. Trans was just changed 2 weeks ago to a Mag XL. Its also summer and hot as balls so im on hiatus from racing til september. Appreciate the concern though i really do...lol...again follow me on IG or FB...i dont come on here anymore. I was actually notified of your posts by another member.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
New wheels look great buddy! What are the sizes/specs? I'll hit you up for a chat soon now that our garage is almost done and my motor has begun.
I'm going Magnum XL too but keeping 2.66 first, how you like the XL?
-J

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Wow im honored after not posting on this site or visiting for quite some time my fan club is still going strong. Maybe you should follow me on facebook Steve...you can get all the updates your looking for.

New motor has about 1000 street miles on it already...so your wrong there. Trans was just changed 2 weeks ago to a Mag XL. Its also summer and hot as balls so im on hiatus from racing til september. Appreciate the concern though i really do...lol...again follow me on IG or FB...i dont come on here anymore. I was actually notified of your posts by another member.

All good….figured you must of had some issue…I went through three built trannys in about 15 total passes before I switched to an auto….wasn't aware you are no longer posting on this site…

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
All good….figured you must of had some issue…I went through three built trannys in about 15 total passes before I switched to an auto….wasn't aware you are no longer posting on this site…

Yeah sucks he's leaving. Good to hear the motor and car are doing well though :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread