The streets of Houston are now a bit safer

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I know nothing about 3d printing

Any guesstimates on $/"gun" to produce?

I remember something similar about somebody making "shotguns" out of some pipe and 2x4s

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did a search on what it cost to make a ghost gun, and found this.
"Everytown’s research found that it is possible to buy an AR-15 ghost gun build kit and a lower receiver for as little as $345. Kits for making Glock-type pistol kits with a frame can go for as little as $400. These prices compare favorably to the cost of buying an assembled firearm at retail."

USA-Gun-Shop said, "You can build an untraceable, well, something approaching a Glock, for about $350 if you go the absolute budget route."

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I did a search on what it cost to make a ghost gun, and found this.
"Everytown’s research found that it is possible to buy an AR-15 ghost gun build kit and a lower receiver for as little as $345. Kits for making Glock-type pistol kits with a frame can go for as little as $400. These prices compare favorably to the cost of buying an assembled firearm at retail."

USA-Gun-Shop said, "You can build an untraceable, well, something approaching a Glock, for about $350 if you go the absolute budget route."
Those are real 80s Bob

Unless I'm missing something, what @Klaus has posted are 3d printed "ghost guns" that I'm guessing we're made as cheaply as possible to look like functional firearms but would actually just disintegrate if a live round was ever discharged in it. They were made as cheaply as possible as a way to scam the "no questions asked" gun trade in (I will never call it a buy back because the govt never owned it in the first place) program.

*edit*
I also know nothing of real 80% firearms because I do not own, have never owned, nor have ever thought of purchasing 80% lower receivers or 80% pistol frames.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Those are real 80s Bob

Unless I'm missing something, what @Klaus has posted are 3d printed "ghost guns" that I'm guessing we're made as cheaply as possible to look like functional firearms but would actually just disintegrate if a live round was ever discharged in it. They were made as cheaply as possible as a way to scam the "no questions asked" gun trade in (I will never call it a buy back because the govt never owned it in the first place) program.

*edit*
I also know nothing of real 80% firearms because I do not own, have never owned, nor have ever thought of purchasing 80% lower receivers or 80% pistol frames.

I too have only heard of 80% firearms. My degenerate next door neighbor once told me about them and I think he may be in a militia as well.

The dude in Houston puked out a bunch of $4 "handguns" to take advantage of their buyback program.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
damn, over 9k for that mess. I bet you could get at least 4 of those out of $20 spool of filament. The worst part is really that most of the consumer grade printers are so damned slow.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully they rounded up a bunch of these dangerous ghost guns as well

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
$8990 profit assuming 4 / spool and $20/spool
and electricity on the home units is about the same as a 65watt bulb, it's an impressive margin regardless.

Now the feds will sit here and throw those in the ghost gun count is the downside

Users who are viewing this thread