The Terminator days are over

61mmstang94

Established Member
I think this car came out when Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Oakland Raiders in the Super Bowl.

That's how old this car is.......just saying.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Just so you are aware of it, they also came in a pickup version:

LVphcEe.jpg

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Oh snap!!!

And Camaro.
113208_Side_Profile_Web_zpsrvhfhagc.jpg

P8310022_zpssmjpp8sl.jpg

It will take them a few hours before they realize what I said. Then it will be 8 or nine posts of "err mah god, it is a terminator err mah god" then I will bring up a few valid points.... They will bring something up along the lines of a sticker on the inside of a side scoop. I will bring up a few more counter points and they will pretend they didn't see my posts and carry on thinking it is still called a terminator.....

Mind you these are the same people who shun the C7 because "the rear is hideous" but if you bring up the fact the the GM engineers made every body line on that car (including the rear) aerodynamically functional throwing aesthetics to the wind, they disregard the info and will say something ignorant involving tractor motors, push rods and a lack of technology.

Ask them about track times.... They will say rabble rabble, 5.0 5.0 blower faster than a stock c4.

I think I covered how the rest of this will go. Correct me if I am wrong....

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
O really?

It's not only referred to "Terminator" on it's parts labels but by the designer-build team in Iron Fist - Lead Foot.

And, of course, right here............
The Terminator - SVTPerformance

But you knew all that and are just trolling the "Newb"

No sir Drew, not the case. I fear it is just another cobra no matter what the code name for the project was. Terminator is not a trim level nor is it a special edition. It maybe called that on the street but that title has the same notoriety as calling a GTO a goat. Great nickname but not the true name. If it was, it would say it on the car, the svt documentation or the title.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
No sir Drew, not the case. I fear it is just another cobra no matter what the code name for the project was. Terminator is not a trim level nor is it a special edition. It maybe called that on the street but that title has the same notoriety as calling a GTO a goat. Great nickname but not the true name. If it was, it would say it on the car, the svt documentation or the title.

Terminator is the internal Ford code name for the car. In addition, the underside of the Terminator side scoops have Terminator stamped to them. But that is the only part from the factory with that stamp.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Terminator is the internal Ford code name for the car. In addition, the underside of the Terminator side scoops have Terminator stamped to them. But that is the only part from the factory with that stamp.

Thank you for reiterating my point. :beer:

mrlrd1

Established Member
But now that we are on the topic, yes the days of the Terminator being a top contender are over... After 2014, its a B class car now.

Still a great reign of more than a decade

Ford killed the "terminator" in 2011 with the 5.0. 03-04 Cobra guys are in the same spot as GM's LT1 camp :lol1:

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
came out in 04 not sure what is new about that.

Chevrolet Unveils Earnhardt-Themed Monte Carlos All Pages

The funny thing about your post is...... that car really is called an "Intimidator"

Where the 03/04 cobra is not called a terminator.

Lol John Coletti, the head of SVT at the time, and the creator behind the 03/04 code named this car when it was in the project phase as the terminator. It was being made to terminate the competition. LOLOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2RuCNzEOE

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Op you fail, no one gets your retarded sense of humor.

But now that we are on the topic, yes the days of the Terminator being a top contender are over... After 2014, its a B class car now.

Still a great reign of more than a decade

Your're right, but Nic Cage wasn't driving that Shelby in Gone in 60 cause it was the fastest mustang around, he drove it cause it was gorgeous and was a head turner, not to mention one hell of a classic. Our Terminator might not be one, but one day it will. I def. don't drive it around thinking it's the fastest car out there, It never was. I"m cool just having one period, it's a sexy ass car.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Ford killed the "terminator" in 2011 with the 5.0. 03-04 Cobra guys are in the same spot as GM's LT1 camp :lol1:

There they go again! lol Never ends.

No Ford replaced the "COBRA", with the Gt500 IN 07. It was never replaced by the 5.0. The 5.0 Killed the 2010 4.6 GT.

Greenwood1982

Established Member

My front fascia has Terminator stamped on it too. It was just a Code name. Just basically called the SVT 03/04 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread