The tragic story of Pieper Lewis

rborden

Established Member
A victim of sex trafficking has been ordered to pay $150,000 to the family of the man who raped her repeatedly.

Pieper Lewis stabbed her rapist repeatedly while he slept. She was just 15 years old at the time. Prosecutors argued she wasn’t in any “imminent danger” at the time of the stabbing.

Pieper Lewis took a plea deal to avoid 20 years behind bars. She likely took the plea deal because she was a young woman of color, with limited financial resources and who likely wouldn’t have stood a chance in front of a jury.

Thankfully, a gofundme was set up and has covered the $150K restitution. The gofundme is well over $500K at this point.

All of these laws need to be changed nationwide. Just being a victim of human trafficking or sex trafficking should automatically provide an immunity defense against prosecution of any kind, shape or form.

I hope the prosecutors burn in hell. They had the discretion to file or not charges in the first place. They didn’t do the right thing. All they saw was a little black girl who they could use to pad their conviction rate stats. Soulless ghouls.

Cases like this make me lose my hope in humanity and I have zero faith in the criminal justice system in this country. This one tugs on the old heart strings.

Pieper Lewis will have to serve five years in a low level probation facility. She will be allowed to leave for work and school and will have to wear a monitoring bracelet.

If you want to donate to Pieper Lewis’ gofundme, you can do so here. This little girl needs all the help she can get. The system failed her but Americans are rising up to the task.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately the courts in this country are not about what is fair and just, with common sense applied to each case. It’s a forum where salesmen manipulate the letter of the law and create alternate realities to make names for themselves and/or profit from it. It’s not about victims or punishing the guilty, it’s a place where narcissist roam.

rborden

Established Member
So....at this point she has $346K that she will get to keep after the $150K payout.
Yep. That will go to fund her education, living expenses and help her get on her feet after college.

I hope she goes out and slays it in the professional world. Hopefully the governor will step in and commute her sentence and fully pardon her.

IA Shelby

Established Member
There is more to the story… The judge was also black. This occurred 15 miles away from me so we have heard about every day. The judge clearly told her she is getting a second chance but there won’t be a third.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
There is more to the story… The judge was also black. This occurred 15 miles away from me so we have heard about every day. The judge clearly told her she is getting a second chance but there won’t be a third.
I know nothing about this, but a second chance at what? Being raped…?

IA Shelby

Established Member
I know nothing about this, but a second chance at what? Being raped…?
I don’t begin to know the details despite being local And hearing about it on the news. I did see the judges comments and reading his body language and listening to his tone of voice, I believe she may not be angel herself. All I keep hearing is that the guy she killed allegedly raped her According to her testimony. I don’t know what is fact or fiction.

rborden

Established Member
I don’t begin to know the details despite being local And hearing about it on the news. I did see the judges comments and reading his body language and listening to his tone of voice, I believe she may not be angel herself. All I keep hearing is that the guy she killed allegedly raped her According to her testimony. I don’t know what is fact or fiction.
Would you expect someone who was trafficked for sex and raped repeatedly to be a perfect angel? She got tired of being abused and her rapist ****ed around and found out.

If you use a firearm in a gun free zone to defend against an active shooter, you’re typically immune from prosecution for violating the gun free zone laws.

The same should apply to victims of human and sex trafficking. If they kill their captors or rapists in their sleep, they should be IMMUNE. Rape is a violent crime. Was she supposed to wait till he woke and then try to kill him and when she failed, get the shit beat out of her and be raped again or worse murdered?

These sub-human pieces of garbage shouldn’t have any rights at all.

Also, I’d assume a rape kit was done after she killed the guy to corroborate her story. For some reason the media isn’t commenting or focusing on that and hasn’t mentioned it in ANY of the articles I’ve looked at that have been published about her story. Which makes me wonder why.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Would you expect someone who was trafficked for sex and raped repeatedly to be a perfect angel? She got tired of being abused and her rapist ****ed around and found out.

If you use a firearm in a gun free zone to defend against an active shooter, you’re typically immune from prosecution for violating the gun free zone laws.

The same should apply to victims of human and sex trafficking. If they kill their captors or rapists in their sleep, they should be IMMUNE. Rape is a violent crime. Was she supposed to wait till he woke and then try to kill him and when she failed, get the shit beat out of her and be raped again or worse murdered?

These sub-human pieces of garbage shouldn’t have any rights at all.

Also, I’d assume a rape kit was done after she killed the guy to corroborate her story. For some reason the media isn’t commenting or focusing on that and hasn’t mentioned it in ANY of the articles I’ve looked at that have been published about her story. Which makes me wonder why.
i am not judging at all. I don’t know all the details and will not make assumptions. Just sharing from what i have heard and seen , it appears there may more to the story. regardless the young lady should have never been subjected to that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i am not judging at all. I don’t know all the details and will not make assumptions. Just sharing from what i have heard and seen , it appears there may more to the story. regardless the young lady should have never been subjected to that.
I agree. Human trafficking at ANY level is evil, and wrong.

IA Shelby

Established Member
A victim of sex trafficking has been ordered to pay $150,000 to the family of the man who raped her repeatedly.

Pieper Lewis stabbed her rapist repeatedly while he slept. She was just 15 years old at the time. Prosecutors argued she wasn’t in any “imminent danger” at the time of the stabbing.

Pieper Lewis took a plea deal to avoid 20 years behind bars. She likely took the plea deal because she was a young woman of color, with limited financial resources and who likely wouldn’t have stood a chance in front of a jury.

Thankfully, a gofundme was set up and has covered the $150K restitution. The gofundme is well over $500K at this point.

All of these laws need to be changed nationwide. Just being a victim of human trafficking or sex trafficking should automatically provide an immunity defense against prosecution of any kind, shape or form.

I hope the prosecutors burn in hell. They had the discretion to file or not charges in the first place. They didn’t do the right thing. All they saw was a little black girl who they could use to pad their conviction rate stats. Soulless ghouls.

Cases like this make me lose my hope in humanity and I have zero faith in the criminal justice system in this country. This one tugs on the old heart strings.

Pieper Lewis will have to serve five years in a low level probation facility. She will be allowed to leave for work and school and will have to wear a monitoring bracelet.

If you want to donate to Pieper Lewis’ gofundme, you can do so here. This little girl needs all the help she can get. The system failed her but Americans are rising up to the task.

A quick update on this case. She was given a 5 year probation sentence. She had to live at a women’s ”halfway house”. She didn’t even make it six weeks. She cut off her ankle monitor and escaped last night. Search warrant out for her arrest. Judge expected to put back the original 20 year sentence.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't read the entire story, my tolerance for people who hurt children is very low. Reading the whole thing I'd get more pissed.
I fear this girl will be punished far more than the criminal, if/when caught. Sadly resisting in a way that costs her own life as her trust is next to nonexistent now. The adults didn't help/ protect her before or after, and seemed to dig in for some political reason, that angers me nearly as much as the crimes committed against her

rborden

Established Member
A quick update on this case. She was given a 5 year probation sentence. She had to live at a women’s ”halfway house”. She didn’t even make it six weeks. She cut off her ankle monitor and escaped last night. Search warrant out for her arrest. Judge expected to put back the original 20 year sentence.
How sad but at this point she is making emotion-based decisions and now she’s gonna pay the price. :cry::(

Users who are viewing this thread