The ULTIMATE and SIMPLEST way to getting your free 03 Mustang Service Manual to work

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
OK So I just went through figuring out how to get my service manual to work again. Based on multiple sources from here on SVTP and other sites, I got it to work. Due to the fact that it wasn't that easy, I've decided to rewrite the instructions on where to download and how to get your 2003 Mustang service manual to function properly on your computer without any CD. As I mentioned, this is a compilation of multiple sources, including but not limited to mike_b_svt, Evil_SVT, and several other users on SVTP.

1. Click this link and download the 195MB zip file called 2003 Mustang Manual.zip

Download 2003 Mustang Service Manual

2. Unzip the downloaded file into the following location on your computer:

C:\TSO

3. Run the Setup.exe file found in the C:\TSO folder. When prompted to select a destination for the install, enter C:\TSO as destination. Allow the setup to finish and close the service manual window.

4. From the C:\TSO folder, open the file called tsobrowser. There are two of them, one doesn't do anything, the one you need is the one that is 2KB in size.

5. In the tsobrowser file, the fourth line from the top starts with 03Must. You need to completely replace that whole line with the line below:

03Must=1~1~C:\TSO\~stock\home.htm~2003 Mustang~October 2002

6. Save and close the tsobrowser file. Now you should be able to use the service manual properly.

Never thought I'd bother to write this, but here is my DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if anything bad happens to you, your family, your computer or anything else in the world as a result of this post. If the instructions above do not work for any reason, I am unfortunately not able to help you any more than this, as I am not an expert in anything. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Let me know if this helped you, and if it worked for you. It did for me, and I thought I'd spread the knowledge!

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Does the manual cover things like how to remove interior, where fasteners are, photos, sequence, ect?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I gave up some time ago with trying to make this work.

cuda99

Cuda99
Established Member
Fantastic!!!

This works great! :banana: Like many others I was unable to make it work before and now it works perfect. Thank you for putting this up. :beer::rockon:

MikeSop

Established Member
It worked no problem for me. Just wondering now that I'm in the program is there any way to just print the entire manual off?

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I get to the FMC Technical Services Home page "2003" Mustang and nothing works....I get the pretty red manual cover page...
I followed the instructions: Should note the file TSObrowser file is opens up as a generic "notepad" dos like file....
Except now I'm back to the file folder & I have a folder that pops up "missing volume" saying 2003 mustang could not be found...
It is expected to be in this location: C:\TSO\ with retry or cancel buttons....
hmmm.... still doesn't work.... :shrug::dw:

Last edited:

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Thank you for the write up I had this installed a while back on my old laptop. It crashed and when I got my new laptop I could not get this to work. I followed your directions to the letter and it works great.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I get to the FMC Technical Services Home page "2003" Mustang and nothing works....I get the pretty red manual cover page...
I followed the instructions: Should note the file TSObrowser file is opens up as a generic "notepad" dos like file....
Except now I'm back to the file folder & I have a folder that pops up "missing volume" saying 2003 mustang could not be found...
It is expected to be in this location: C:\TSO\ with retry or cancel buttons....
hmmm.... still doesn't work.... :shrug::dw:

You aren't following step 2 correctly. I made the same mistake.

It says to unzip the file to c:\TSO and then run setup. Not unzip the file somewhere on your computer and run setup.

Works here after I followed step 2.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
DUDE YOU ROCK!!

The manual works guys you just have to follow the intructions EXACTLY!

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I still cant get it to work.

My computer is trying to save it as an itunes file. :bash:

And it never asks to be unzipped.. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread