• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

The Wall along Mexico

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Blk04L, Jan 6, 2017.

1. oooooh snap

oooooh snap Stable Genius Established Member

anybody who thinks Trump was going to (or any of us believed he would) wait until Mexico handed over a big check for the wall BEFORE he started construction, are either incredibly dumb, or so frustrated that things didn't go their way that they're clearly still in the "denial phase" of things.

clearly we're going to be laying out the money for this upfront - and i'm completely fine with that. i want this wall built sooner than later, and i don't care if it takes 10 years for these measures to get us our money back.

when you buy Christmas gifts on your credit card, does your family member thank capital one for buying them what they always wanted? stop splitting hairs.

2. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member Established Member

There should be a bond drive to help fund the wall. I'd be more than happy to have my name on a brick.

Buckwheat 1 likes this.
  3. Buckwheat 1

Buckwheat 1 I like Blm junk in my butt Established Member

The only problem with the bond is it would a 100 years at 0 percent

4. Coming Up

Coming Up WeStayClean Established Member

mexico will pay us back

hahahhaha

5. DHG1078

DHG1078 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Established Member

Ford was going to spend 1.6 billion in Mexico, which was replanned as 700 million in the USA. Trump cost Mexico 1.6 billion in initial investment which would have been taxed one way or another plus all the taxable income/revenue that would have gone along with that for the foreseeable future. That was just with a couple Twitter posts and press releases prior to being sworn into office.

6. 08vaporgt

08vaporgt New Member

Actually Ford reconsidered the building a new plant because small car sales are way down and they couldn't justify 1.6b on cars that aren't selling. The Focus,fiesta and cmax are all in or going to Mexico. That does didnt change. It's a political fluff piece for trump. He really didn't change the outcome but he's trying to take credit for it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

7. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

*eyeroll*

8. Machdup1

Machdup1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

And Obama improved race relations, fixed the healthcare system, killed Bin Laden and gave gays the right to marry.

9. 08vaporgt

08vaporgt New Member

Your half right. What I said is true not a political point of view. I'm from Indiana the carrier deal cost Indiana $7 million. Facts get a skewed regardless of your political affiliation.

10. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

It probably cost Indiana $7mil based on current tax structure....however $7mil less in taxes is a whole lot better than $0 in taxes and loss of the income taxes collected by the employees.

bglf83 likes this.
  11. Machdup1

Machdup1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

How much did it make Indiana in tax revenue? This ground has already been covered and your math is childish.

12. DHG1078

Car sales are dropping, increasing tooling costs per car and decreases profitability, so Ford decides to expand a plant in the united states, which increases their labor rates substantially compared to moving to a new plant in mexico where they can pay employees less than $5 an hour to save costs?

Car sales dropped slightly due to low gas prices. Gas prices are on the rise again, and will likely maintain that trend for a while. OPEC is done flooding the market at the levels they were doing it. Small car sales will go back up.

There is very little profit in small cars. Anything you can do to increase profitability is a good thing. Such as lower labor rates by moving to mexico. The threat of a "border tax" makes the move less practical.

08vaporgt likes this.
  13. 08vaporgt

08vaporgt New Member

I agree. The potential of a border tax played a roll in Ford's decision-making. Small cars will indeed make a come back when gas prices rise. Hmmm used Focus ST as a daily...

14. 08vaporgt

08vaporgt New Member

Make that a Fiesta ST.

15. DHG1078

Thats always the trend. Small car sales always go up with gas prices. Large suv and truck sales always go up when gas prices are low. Its nothing new.

16. Tx5811

Tx5811 Veni, vidi, vici Established Member

I buy big gas guzzling trucks and SUV's regardless of gas price.

17. DHG1078

I agree. If I need a big vehicle, gas prices don't sway that decision. It just makes it a little more painful, lol. It is nice when there is a fuel efficient option that meets all your needs though.

18. Gary Macomber

Gary Macomber Member Established Member

Correction "Ford's CEO gave him credit by stating if Trump keeps to his promise the US will be much more business friendly and they banking on that"

They were already thinking of it but the shift that is taking place cemented the idea, and who is making that shift?

19. black92

black92 Hot rod Lincoln Established Member

Out of curiosty, what is going to stop someone from climbing over the new wall? When I moved into my house that is taller than the last, I got a taller ladder...

20. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

I smiled when I heard Fields give that response in an interview.