The wave

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Finally, after two months of owning my '03 I finally saw another one on the road today. A blue one at that, on hwy 237 west at 6:30pm. I couldn't weave through crowded traffic fast enough to catch up. All I know if that the car has a stock exhaust. It was my obligation to catch-up and do my best to convince him of the sonic benefits of a good X-pipe/Catback.

I can't believe how few of these there are on the road. It's cool, in an exclusive way.

If I see another on the road I am going to wave. If you see me, wave back.

It's kind of a '03 Cobra commeraderie thing.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I have seen four random street sightings of the '03.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
I saw a brand new white coupe the other day. The first other 03 I have seen. The young lady driving it totally ignored me riding beside her trying to give her the :thumbsup: O well

jason

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Originally posted by 2thman
I saw a brand new white coupe the other day. The first other 03 I have seen. The young lady driving it totally ignored me riding beside her trying to give her the :thumbsup: O well

jason

Maybe she didn't realize what she was driving... ya know... she walked into the dealer, saw the car and said "that car looks nice, how much?" The dealer of course saw that she had no clue it was a new Cobra and said, "um... well, the price is $48,000, but we can knock that down to $45,000 if you buy it now... I'll even have our guys put the front license plate on for you". She then said, "Wow... you'll let me save $3000 right now??? I'm sold... you guys are great... where do I sign?"

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I've only had 2 random sightings outside the track. First was a silver one that passed me like I was standing still on the 14N coming into Palmdale. I was driving the truck so no chance at catching the car. The other was a MG vert travelling south on the 15 leaving Vegas again while driving the truck. It seems not driving the Cobra is the key for me to see another one. :lol:

rmoreau

Established Member
I drive mine daily, and since June, I have only seen 2 on the road! MG and Black, both coupes. Ive seen more at my dealer than I have on the road. I LOVE IT!! :coolman:

JSHTROD

Established Member
There's a sonic blue one here in town. Seen him a couple of times....

Finally caught him gettin gas at a local spot. Dropped by to say hi. Pretty cool guy. Talked about some of the problems, and some track times.

Reminds me a lot of Vette owners. Buy one, and you're in this 'club'. Good stuff.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
I've only seen one so far. It was parked at the Double-T dinner on Rt2 in Annapolis last week. Black conv with black top. This was at about 7:30am on Tuesday.

--Matt

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
I must have seen the most.....

I've seen FlashSVT's sonic blue coupe on 205 north bound.
I've seen 2k3biz yellow coupe at a meeting
I've seen a black coupe on 405
I've seen a sonic blue convertable on Johnson creek -> 82nd
I've seen a silver coupe on Johnson creek -> 205 south
I've seen a black convertable drive by at the mall
Then of-course, I see my black coupe everyday... :D

It's only special to us SVT enthusiasts. To the rest of the public, it's just another stang....

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by Jon
Finally, after two months of owning my '03 I finally saw another one on the road today. A blue one at that, on hwy 237 west at 6:30pm. I couldn't weave through crowded traffic fast enough to catch up. All I know if that the car has a stock exhaust. It was my obligation to catch-up and do my best to convince him of the sonic benefits of a good X-pipe/Catback.

I can't believe how few of these there are on the road. It's cool, in an exclusive way.

If I see another on the road I am going to wave. If you see me, wave back.

It's kind of a '03 Cobra commeraderie thing.

It's funny that you bring it up. My son and I were driving around the other day when I saw a Black Vert. drive by slow in the opposite direction. I gave them a little rev and waved. They returned the same. My kid looks at me and asked why I revved the car. I told him, I don't know, seemed like the thing to do. After about 10 minutes, he looks at me and said, ICOG. I said, what? He said, ICOG which stands for "International Cobra Owners Greeting". Now everytime he hears the car rev, he says ICOG.

riplightning

Established Member
I too use mine as a daily driver. I see very few on the streets of Houston, however, a guy in my office building now has a red '03 and we typically park side by side.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I never see any.

I did see a white coupe once when I was in the Focus rental car getting the transmission replaced.

Then I met thedutt last weekend when he brought his over for a detailing session.

Other than that I never see them.

As for the revving I once explained it to a girlfriend as kind of how muscle car owners "talk" to each other.

Generally you can tell the difference between an "I want to race" rev, and a "nice car my friend" rev based on duration and RPM acheived, and even sometimes number of revs. :D

Heck one of the main reasons I hated the stock exhaust was because I couldn't "talk" to other sports cars.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
You know, now that you mention it, I have not seen another one on the road. In 6 months.
However the Cobra compels every clapped-out piece of junk beater around to appear from all points on the compass and then pull up beside me and rev that smoky engine, and maybe even burn that one back tire a little and then see if I want to go.
Ugly... I could get 2-3 tickets a day if I responded to every rev-orama!

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I have seen 2 since November. A DSG coupe @ the Raddison Hotel on I-35 in Denton and a Redfire vert on I-35 headed North between Sanger and Valley View. I dunno who they were though. It was cool to see them!

Users who are viewing this thread