THE X2C TURBO 03' COBRA IS BACK, PICS>>

doubleblack

Established Member
I think we're all missing the big point...for as young as these cars are, there's already an 8 sec STOCK BOTTOM ENDED 03 cobra....

Usually when a supra hits an 8, it's got a built bottom end...

Does anyone know of a supra that's hit an 8 on the stock bottom?

Let me rephrase that, does anyone know of any car that's hit an 8 on the stock bottom end?

I wonder if the bottom end can handle enough for a 7 sec pass...

HOLY SHIT....hese cars are sickening...thanks for pushing the envelope...

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by doubleblack
I'll say it right now. NO WAY IN HELL. There aren't that many modulars in the 7s, let alone one with a stock bottom end.

doubleblack

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
I'll say it right now. NO WAY IN HELL. There aren't that many modulars in the 7s, let alone one with a stock bottom end.

I wonder what 35psi of boost and an auto would do...they're only running 21psi and 700+hp...sounds conservative to me...I bet those 160lbs injectors have got alot more to offer than 21psi of boost...

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
X2C might have turned a 9 with the 03 Cobra, but the eight second run (8.994@154) was a 2000 Mustang with a turbo'd 306 CI motor and an X2C tricked out TKO

It won't be long before Armon and his crew have a low 9 from their 03 Cobra, those guys have a knack for building fast cars, and they'll probably do it without an auto trans. They build some pretty wicked Tremecs

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
I wonder what 35psi of boost and an auto would do...they're only running 21psi and 700+hp...sounds conservative to me...I bet those 160lbs injectors have got alot more to offer than 21psi of boost...

its not the heat or the boost....pure numerical HP.....a stock bottom end of each cyclinder does not have the strength to support over 150 HP per cylinder for very long.....its pure material stress......thats why pro-stock cars go through a few engines a season..and funny cars and top fuelers every few runs....every metal element has a limit. some cost more than others.

doubleblack

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraCCC
its not the heat or the boost....pure numerical HP.....a stock bottom end of each cyclinder does not have the strength to support over 150 HP per cylinder for very long.....its pure material stress......thats why pro-stock cars go through a few engines a season..and funny cars and top fuelers every few runs....every metal element has a limit. some cost more than others.

How much HP does a pro-stock car make?

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
mmmmmmmmm...dont quote me....but i thought it was around 1500-2000 or so? whatever it is i know its pretty much un-dyno'able......i donno, thats my guess and sorta what ive heard....

CheeseFrog

Established Member
Hey VBGod, didn't know you posted here too (I met you when you came to Houston).

X2C: Good f**king game, man. That's one of the best installs/fabrications I've ever seen. What kind of turbo is that, T88? If so, there's soooo much more left in it!

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Fantastic work! I want to see some vids of that beast. :D

99GTP guy

Established Member
I think we're all missing the big point...for as young as these cars are, there's already an 8 sec STOCK BOTTOM ENDED 03 cobra....

Usually when a supra hits an 8, it's got a built bottom end...

Does anyone know of a supra that's hit an 8 on the stock bottom?

Let me rephrase that, does anyone know of any car that's hit an 8 on the stock bottom end?

HOLY SHIT....hese cars are sickening...thanks for pushing the envelope...

Im with doubleblack. The big point is all the 03's cobras have the same engine and its broke into the 8's in under a year on a stock bottom end

akaeric

Established Member
Just coming from the turbo seen I know that big of turbo you will have to push the rpms up before the turbo kicks in. So what rpms does it take to get the turbo to really spin up and how is it on the street . the bigger the turbo the more rpms its going to take to spin it remmeber a turbo runs of exhaust pressure and your adding a lot more heat under the hood. not trying to go aginst you it looks nice but the turbo truth is the turbo truth as I said I just got out of the twin turbo seen and of course that was the biggest topic is what turbo is thebest just like we talk about what pulley is the best except the SC pulls from the crank and dosn't depend on pressure to spin up and again the bigger the turbine the more its going to take to get it spinning. You didn't lower the compression.Give us a report after some milage and what PSI are you pushing?

Last edited:

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
thats why no one in drag only cars cares about spool up lag and high RPM cam timing, both of which decrease street low end tq. but on the big end will mos. def. exceed power output 2fold at high rpms where drag cars are at 90% of the track.

doubleblack

Established Member
Originally posted by CheeseFrog
Hey VBGod, didn't know you posted here too (I met you when you came to Houston).

X2C: Good f**king game, man. That's one of the best installs/fabrications I've ever seen. What kind of turbo is that, T88? If so, there's soooo much more left in it!

Is this the infamous cheesefrog w/ the viper video...I still love watching it...have any 03 kills in your civic yet...would love to see those too...

X2C, do you have a pix of the manifold...is it cast or tubular? If it's tight to do header on these cars it must be a nightmare to bolt up a manifold...

Users who are viewing this thread