There's no firm timeline, but Ford is 'working toward' selling only EVs in the U.S.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You say that like its supposed to mean something? Eh at the very least I doubt they go all electric before Ford does. Hell they will still hellcat and V8 anything right now even if realistically it doesnt make much sense but they do it just because customers want it.

Ford customers tell Ford what they want and then Ford says..... no no no THIS is what you want......

Nah im cool. At least Ram acts like they want my money instead of acting like i should feel blessed that I own a Ford. Thats coming from a life long die hard Ford/Lincoln owner and fan so what does that tell ya?

Im also not against hybrid/electric and I am sure with time, everyone will start coming around to it but this is just another example of Ford being first at pissing their customers off and telling them they have THE solution to a problem the customer doesnt even have. Thought Ford was supposed to be going back to giving customers what they want? At this rate might as well bring back the previous management; I am sure they could at least come up with some furniture for my bedroom suit that is aging.

Bring back John Coletti and Alan Mulally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machdup1

Established Member
More liberal circle jerk stupidity.

EV are not environmentally friendly.

The power infrastructure is decades away from support EV adoption.

EV raw materials come from oppressed labor throughout the world.

Basically, the Green agenda is nothing more than an extortion scheme by the left to transfer money to their ruling class and supported by suckers who are too stupid to be alive.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You say that like its supposed to mean something? Eh at the very least I doubt they go all electric before Ford does. Hell they will still hellcat and V8 anything right now even if realistically it doesnt make much sense but they do it just because customers want it.

Ford customers tell Ford what they want and then Ford says..... no no no THIS is what you want......

Nah im cool. At least Ram acts like they want my money instead of acting like i should feel blessed that I own a Ford. Thats coming from a life long die hard Ford/Lincoln owner and fan so what does that tell ya?

Im also not against hybrid/electric and I am sure with time, everyone will start coming around to it but this is just another example of Ford being first at pissing their customers off and telling them they have THE solution to a problem the customer doesnt even have. Thought Ford was supposed to be going back to giving customers what they want? At this rate might as well bring back the previous management; I am sure they could at least come up with some furniture for my bedroom suit that is aging.

They're all reacting to the mandates. The greens aren't getting more reasonable on getting rid of ICE. They'll probably come up with some version of the Norwegian model for getting people out of ICE.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I would imagine Ford will soon announce it has stopped, if not already, all investment in ICE development.

Ford expected to reveal all-electric platforms at investor event tomorrow
  • Ford (F -1.3%) is planning to reveal at its Capital Markets event tomorrow that it is developing two dedicated all-electric vehicle platforms, according to Reuters.
  • Sources indicate that the Detroit automaker will have one electric platform for full-size trucks and larger SUVs and another for cars and smaller SUVs.
  • Ford is expected to invest billions in the EV platforms that could set it up for large-scale production of electric motors and components. The dedicated platform could position Ford to compete better in the future with Tesla (TSLA -1.3%), General Motors (GM +0.7%) and Volkswagen (OTCPK:VLKAF +0.8%) at scale in electric vehicles.
  • Ford management is also expected to outline its detailed plans for at least nine all-electric cars and SUVs, as well as at least three electric trucks, vans and larger SUVs.
  • Ford is one of the stocks on Seeking Alpha's Catalyst Watch this week on the expectation for some big reveals at the investor event.
  • Ford rallied last week after its F-150 Lightning event was received well by investors and analysts.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Agreed. Par for the course.

Give it 3 years and the narrative will change. Always does. Electric cars will come out by the end of Biden's first term. They'll sort-of sell okay but by no means replace ICE sales, or the aging fleet of vehicles out there. They'll have to basically give away most EV's to convince people to replace their 1999 Taurus.

A more practical option would be hybrid versions of most vehicles. Removes the need to charge, but increases the fuel efficiency of ICE. Kind of a best of both worlds IMO. The McLaren P1 changed my mind on what hybrid tech can really do performance wise.

Agreed. Why couldn’t we maximize our hybrid technology? I believe that would have been the next logical step.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't care what Ford does or when.
Ford stopped making GT500's that interest me in 2014.
Ford stopped making F150's that interest me in 2017..

What happened in 2018 for the F-150s for you?

Only thing I can think of was the 10 speed trans was introduced.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Don't care what Ford does or when.
Ford stopped making GT500's that interest me in 2014.
Ford stopped making F150's that interest me in 2017..
Ford killed off so many of their performance vehicles and replaced them with blah vehicles. No more Fiesta/Focus ST and RS, GT350/GT350R. I don't see myself getting a new Ford in the future. I did, however, buy a ZL1 1LE. I am sure that will be the highest performing Camaro for a long time.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford killed off so many of their performance vehicles and replaced them with blah vehicles. No more Fiesta/Focus ST and RS, GT350/GT350R. I don't see myself getting a new Ford in the future. I did, however, buy a ZL1 1LE. I am sure that will be the highest performing Camaro for a long time.

True. Ford has been boring for quite awhile IMO.

On a related note, yes the ZL1 1LE is a monster. My good buddy back in Michigan just picked up a 19 ZL1 1LE Callaway 750. Car is amazing and a ton of fun. I know its a Callaway 750 version but regardless, the ZL1 1LE is an amazing machine for sure.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Its crazy.

There literally will not be a feasible means of producing the energy necessary to support migration to EV's by 2030 without BIG investments in power grid infrastructure and generation facilities, none of which are currently happening. Nuke plants being decommissioned across the country. CA cant keep the lights on as it is, but sure, lets put millions of EV on the road sucking off the grid at all times of the day, let alone peak loads.

The end result is going to be a bunch of paperweights in your driveway. The only people id say are good to go EV are ones that have their own means of generation/storage (IE Solar+Powerwall). These are the people when the grid is down, still run their AC, pools, and charge their EV's for days (depending on number of powerwalls and solar setup) not giving a ****. This is why I say EV's being forced on consumer is a big ass bait n switch to turn everyone that cant afford homes and solar/powerwalls into literal pheasants that must rely on other means of transportation when their cars are out of juice. I see Covid "work from home" being a dry-run for a push for less people to go to work, which is fine if that happened naturally over time, but its not.

Its amazing when the guy thats responsible for the current top dog in EV's by a wide margin (Elon Musk) even says the push for EV's by govt by banning ICE is not a good move and very premature.

Agreed. New GT500 powerplant is nice, but thats about it. '18+ mustang aesthetics went the wrong direction.

I think Ford though knows the future of cars is them literally reduced to appliances, which is the direction theyre going.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If they have mandated a complete halt in ICE development, then they will find themselves in the same spot with that as they now do with computer chips.

If true, **** em.

Audi, BMW, Mercedes and several others have already halted ICE development. With the mandates, they have no choice, R&D budgets only so big.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Audi, BMW and several others have already halted ICE development. With the mandates, they have no choice, R&D budgets only so big.
Then at the tender age of 38, I'm that grumpy asshole that purchased his last new car back in 2014. That was a 2014 Mustang GT.

Good thing I got all my tools at home now.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like my last new vehicle will be my 2021 f150 I should be getting this summer.

I prefer the older stuff anyway...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
There is no man made global warming and there is unlimited global oil reserves! There I said it.

Even with the above ice is dead as there will soon be available free and unlimited energy/electricity for the worlds population.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Looks like my last new vehicle will be my 2021 f150 I should be getting this summer.

I prefer the older stuff anyway...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

What engine did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Like EVERY other car manufacture on planet earth will do soon......... OR You could be like Kodak and keep producing rolls of film vs. getting on board with digital photography and therefore have ur company fail and go bankrupt!

Users who are viewing this thread