Thermostat & Cooling System: Reische Performance

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Sorry that I haven't called you yet Joel or ordered my thermostat from you. It's finals week & not only do I have limited free time, I have no extra money at the moment. I haven't forgotten about this very cool & beneficial mod though. Hopefully I will be ordering mine as soon as things get back to normal for me over here. I appreciate you helping us with this cool & very necessary custom product... ! :beer:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
[citation needed]

The driver's side head is the same casting as the passenger side head. So why isn't there an issue on the passenger side? Funny, that...

because there is no way for the coolant to drain back and the hot fluid accumulates in drivers side rear were as the pass side has a fitting on the back that allows the coolant to circulate passed.:thumbsup:

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
thanks joel for a great thermostat, did mine today. removed drilled stock thermostat mod, installed your 170 thermostat. results far surpass my expectations. hands down superior to drilled stock thermostat mod.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Hey Joel I'm gonna be hitting you up too, I'm 86ing the Stant 180 for one of yours when I drain the coolant for the Vortech install, the Florida heat this summer is fricken killing me..

shadowcoupe

just seen this post, not sure why i havent seen it yet. id like to get one. question tho...

i have the LDC cooling mod w/aftermarket radiator running just plain ole 50/50.... checked out your site and you talk about Water Wetter, i am not familiar with it at all, reading that .pdf hurt my brain...
What is a proper, safe mixture of coolant, h2o, and water wetter with my cooling setup, and your t-stat?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
What is a proper, safe mixture of coolant, h2o, and water wetter with my cooling setup, and your t-stat?
It's just a matter of freeze protection. You want to run a ratio that is good to about 5-10* below the coldest temp you expect the vehicle to see, also add about 1 and a half bottles of Water Wetter to the system. In Indiana I'd probably go with a 30-35% antifreeze concentration at minimum.

Antifreeze.jpg

sicfast

Established Member
it was 110 degrees outside today in socal, cobra out in stop and go traffic with the A/C on the temps never went over 210 and i have not adjusted my fans yet.... this thing is bad ass!!! night cruises it stays locked in at 170 with 90+ ambient temp air!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
it was 110 degrees outside today in socal, cobra out in stop and go traffic with the A/C on the temps never went over 210!
Yeah 110 with the A/C on is asking a lot of the underpowered stock fan, but I'm glad the stat is working well for you otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread