These cars are HOT

krt22

Established Member
I agree and would have snagged an R in a heartbeat if one could be had at 5k or less over sticker...but others obviously are willing to pay more. Even at 10-15k over sticker it still might be the best bang for the buck out there, especially if you arent into vettes and/or FI cars.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
lol ironic you post that in a reply full of brand loyalty. For every vette that is perfect, there is a dud, but the vette fanbois seems to brush those facts under the rug. The latest car and driver long term review of the car was horific, so its not like vettes are immune from QC issues. Its a great performing car, but in no ways is it perfect and for some the driving dynamic just is not appealing.

Show me where I said that vettes were perfect and/or immune to quality issues. Don't worry, I'll wait.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Is this another dumb dealer that thinks ® means R?

LOL. No. I didn't even notice that. But nah. These guys know what's what. They're just ambitious with their pricing. This same dealership had a 50th Anniversary GT on the floor with a $15K markup on it! I spoke with one of the managers a few months ago and he said they were going to be charging $25K right off the bat for the base GT350. If it was an R, they'd be charging $40K+ ADM. They're nuts! They had a '13 GT500 when those came out sitting on the floor for $75K.

krt22

Established Member
Show me where I said that vettes were perfect and/or immune to quality issues. Don't worry, I'll wait.
Show me where I directly said you were the one that made those statements. Don't worry, I'll wait.

My point was that blind fanbois exist on both sides of the fence

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Show me where I directly said you were the one that made those statements. Don't worry, I'll wait.

My point was that blind fanbois exist on both sides of the fence

You quoted me, didnt you? When you do that, it means you are addressing me, therefore your comments applied to me...

Thanks for playing, come again!

krt22

Established Member
LOL. perhaps that would be true if you were in fact a zyborg without rudimentary reading and comprehension skills. One can reply to a discrete comment (which in itself was a reply to a general comment) while addressing a general audience.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
These cars are hot.

bl3e9eN.gif

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL. perhaps that would be true if you were in fact a zyborg without rudimentary reading and comprehension skills. One can reply to a discrete comment (which in itself was a reply to a general comment) while addressing a general audience.

You lost me at hello...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
After owning a Vette and being a member of various Vette forums I can say that many complaints are exaggerated. The heat soak may be an actual issue but most big power supercharged cars commonly have that issue on track. As a whole most C7Z owners praise the car as the best they've owned. And many of those guys have owned various respected exotics. Many people complained about blown LS7's in the C6Z. My car had more miles than many when I sold it and the engine was still in one piece. Some folks also nit picked the 2014 Vette on paint and other issues. Mine was fine and trouble free. Don't believe everything you hear. Sure the car has some growing pains. But what 1st year car doesn't? Ford's QC is what seems hilarious right now. I posted a thread with a tech pack 350 with mixed top and bottom rear seats. There have also been others reported as showing up with the wrong equipment. What's funnier is the car missed the release date, and they dropped some late 2015's and have people clamoring over them because they're allegedly collector's items. What makes a 2015 any more collectible than a 2016? Come on Ford.

You are going to wear yourself out trying to talk some sense into the fanbois. They just lack the cognitive processes required to be a true car guy. To them, brand loyalty is the only way to go.

I will quote you and friends. I own/ed a camaro/vette and post on a Ford forum, that means im not blind brand loyal.

You have to admit, it is very amusing. The performance of a z51 selling for the price of a z06? You and your gm friends have no idea why. The last thing you can do is rip it to shreds on a forum where Ford fans stand and gather. You can talk about brand loyalty all you want but you can not argue with the results. These are not blue oval players buying this car either. With the adm on them they are selling to outsiders(Ben has purchased 3), those that buy german and italian vehicles, those that should be buying the z06 after all its the best(or at least was, cough acr cough) price/performance value. That just sucks!

No worries, youll sell all the z's at steep discounts. GM will be fine. After all the new 1LE will outtrack the new Z51!

blk02edge

Established Member
I will quote you and friends. I own/ed a camaro/vette and post on a Ford forum, that means im not blind brand loyal.

You have to admit, it is very amusing. The performance of a z51 selling for the price of a z06? You and your gm friends have no idea why. The last thing you can do is rip it to shreds on a forum where Ford fans stand and gather. You can talk about brand loyalty all you want but you can not argue with the results. These are not blue oval players buying this car either. With the adm on them they are selling to outsiders(Ben has purchased 3), those that buy german and italian vehicles, those that should be buying the z06 after all its the best(or at least was, cough acr cough) price/performance value. That just sucks!

No worries, youll sell all the z's at steep discounts. GM will be fine. After all the new 1LE will outtrack the new Z51!

Pffffff... Fanboi... 'gets into camaro with tears in eyes'

gravedgr

Established Member
These are not blue oval players buying this car either. With the adm on them they are selling to outsiders(Ben has purchased 3), those that buy german and italian vehicles
That would be me too. First Mustang, first Ford. Last 4 cars were 3 911s and a C63. The GT350 is a fun play car to enjoy with my son (9) who is the Mustang fanatic.

Anyone getting wrapped around the axle about comparisons to another car, or who thinks these performance numbers really matter to anyone outside a magazine editor or legit race driver, needs a small dose of reality. :burnout:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I dont understand how people see this car valued at $30k over sticker. Blows my mind....thats GTR money. A 350R maybe $10k over...def not a reg 350.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's pretty damn clear that some people here like the gt350(r) too damn much. Sure it drives great, handles telepathically, is comfortable, has a great exhaust, an excellent engine, arguably perfect brakes, specable carbon fiber wheels, menacing styling, soul charisma and character for years, a low price tag, even if you factor some of the damn markups, and it comes with a warranty, makes easy power from bolt ons, already has an aftermarket that's basically ramping up to the point of very well populated, stock performance that puts it on par with many true to god sports and entry super cars, but come on guys, it's not really that impressive.

I guess ford should have made this the $25k mustang and built a La Ferrari fighter for $50k... It'd still be an overpriced turd in some people's eyes. And that stupid idiotic claim of being as fast as a gt3 that was substantiated? Well duh! You're charging $60k for a mustang, it damn well should hang with a $150k car! It's so obvious!

Entitlement and selfishness is ridiculous these days. #Preach'n

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread