these robocalls

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Anyone else experiencing them? I bet this one has called me 40 times in the last week. I never answer, I never reject the call and it still continues. I would think that there would be an algorithm that could recognize a number that will never answer and then move onto the next number. Maybe not..

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
worked fine for me. haven't had any calls since. and calls from outside the US are extremely uncommon and counterproductive due to the cost.

I also blocked each call that came in but since signing up I don't get any more. most phones require the number to be saved to actually block it tho if trying to block a number.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Sue them under the telephone consumer protection act

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
These asshats have called me for years, since having AT&T cell service, they have a call blocking app that shuts them down before they even call, its pretty nice. I backed it up with another app called Mr. Number, it accesses your contacts like AT&T app, but when they call, you can add that number to the block list and it combines it with other people who reported the number and others numbers as spam. It cut down on crap calls a bunch, identifies them as Robocaller or Credit Card fraud, etc.

Blades

Established Member
I have noticed an uptick in shit calls like you mentioned. It's hard to know whether these happen from distribution/leak of phone#/personal data or if it really just random.. going down a list of #s. I think a bit of both sometimes.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The real question is, how effective are these calls? How many people pick up their phone and listen to the message, then decide "yes, I'd like to get my free life alert necklace." WTF?!?!?!

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
The real question is, how effective are these calls? How many people pick up their phone and listen to the message, then decide "yes, I'd like to get my free life alert necklace." WTF?!?!?!
My old mother gave her freakin social security number to those assholes calling from India with Windows Support.

CV355

_
Established Member
Block the number on your phone.

Auto/robodialers can proxy numbers. This will not always help.

If it's the "this is ____. There is no issue with your account..." call, it is a scam call center. I got in a swearing match with one of their little dirtbags when I asked to be removed from their list. The dirtbag started swearing and laughing at me, then proceeded to call me non-stop for 2 hours (different numbers).

If I ever find one of these call centers, I'll gladly bar the door and light the place on fire. Anyone who does robo-scams as a "profession" deserves a painful final exit.

Users who are viewing this thread