Thieves suck...

Bowhuntr11

I am a semi-n00b now..
Established Member
Yeah my radio was ripped out of my truck last night I just moved to a house, and its not a great neighborhood, but its not like its a horrible neighborhood either...but I knew my truck would grab attention in it (Ford Lightning)

Anyways, I have had a bad feeling for the past couple weeks too, but came out this morning and they popped open the back sliding window and stole the radio and ipod...I have been trying to save to get one of those alarms that also goes off on the keychain, since I am in the back bedroom.

I guess I am luckier then most people that get their cars broken into though...then window has a little crack on it, but not noticeable unless you really look at it. And they left my sub's (guess they were in a hurry) and then my tuner was also on the ground (granted it would have been locked to my truck, but it would of be a $200 loss to me)....So I think I am just going to have to put an alarm on at the same time as my new stereo. Will just have to add it to the CC debt, as I don't really want to replace a stereo every couple months...

I have only lived in the house a month and a half

Cliffs
*People with no lives
*Broke into truck
*Stole Radio
*Left Sub's and other little things
*Them = Failure at life

:cuss:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
well the same offer I made to Tyxloo Ive got a pretty good JVC MP3/WMA head unit I can offer to you :) wiring harness is there (for a Mustang not a lightning) so all youd need is the slide in bracket an what not...maybe $15 bucks worth of parts and youll be up and running. Its got only a month or two of use on it

Bowhuntr11

I am a semi-n00b now..
Established Member
well the same offer I made to Tyxloo Ive got a pretty good JVC MP3/WMA head unit I can offer to you :) wiring harness is there (for a Mustang not a lightning) so all youd need is the slide in bracket an what not...maybe $15 bucks worth of parts and youll be up and running. Its got only a month or two of use on it

What model? And how much?

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
happens to us all....***ing sucks.....let me ask...I know the gun laws down there are more in favor of the civilian....

if you would have shot him from your front door, would you have got locked up?

Bowhuntr11

I am a semi-n00b now..
Established Member
happens to us all....***ing sucks.....let me ask...I know the gun laws down there are more in favor of the civilian....

if you would have shot him from your front door, would you have got locked up?

Oh no...I would be free and clear.. Its texas :beer: The Castle doctrine includes car or workplace.

The Castle Law, or Senate Bill 378, extends a person’s right in the state of Texas to use “reasonable” deadly force when an intruder commits “certain crimes” such as attempted murder or murder, attempted sexual assault or assault, unlawfully trying to enter a protected place, such as one’s home, workplace, or car, or when someone is attempting to “remove someone from a protected place”. The law also protects citizens from civil litigation.

Trust me, when I get my alarm and I hear it inside my house...my shotgun and myself are running outside as fast as I can. And there will be about a 5 second warning and thats it...if that.

Last edited:

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I know your feeling. I am in the same situation as you, but I haven't been broken into...yet. I can't afford an alarm right now either.

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
Oh no...I would be free and clear.. Its texas :beer: The Castle doctrine includes car or workplace.

Trust me, when I get my alarm and I hear it inside my house...my shotgun and myself are running outside as fast as I can. And there will be about a 5 second warning and thats it...if that.

interesting...it would have been lovely if you could have taught this guy a lesson.....:D

txyaloo

Established Member
I went through this a few months ago and know the feeling all too well. They shattered my drivers side window and did some paint damage in addition to the stuff they stole. I'm still fighting with the insurance company on my claim. They owe me around $600 still for my Predator, flashing the PCM back to stock, and some other small out of pocket expenses. Even with that paid, I'm out $650. Good luck with getting it all resolved!

Thanks to people like Mike, I got up and running a lot faster than the insurance company would have allowed me to.

Mr. Fancypants

Established Member
i have a viper alarm as well but I think you would have to add on a sensor to the sliding glass in the back. And also sensors to tonneau cover etc.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I went through this a few months ago and know the feeling all too well. They shattered my drivers side window and did some paint damage in addition to the stuff they stole. I'm still fighting with the insurance company on my claim. They owe me around $600 still for my Predator, flashing the PCM back to stock, and some other small out of pocket expenses. Even with that paid, I'm out $650. Good luck with getting it all resolved!

Thanks to people like Mike, I got up and running a lot faster than the insurance company would have allowed me to.

well shit man after all the help you gave em in my LBP fiasco it was the least I could do :)

siksvt33

Established Member
Thieves suck balls...I just had my driver side window smashed and GPS stolen from my daily driver a couple weeks ago. Got the Viper remote paging alarm installed just like my Lightning. Not to mention the remote start it comes with trips people out when they realize no one is in the car :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread