Thinking about a Raptor...Noob Questions

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Great news! You bought my clone minus the extender and step.....WHICH I WISH I HAD!!!!! I did get the factory spray in liner which is great. On my 12 the first thing I did was go straight to Line X....its a must!
You will love it, welcome to the brotherhood!
PS. Any chance your truck is coming from Massachusetts?

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I LOVE my bed extender and tailgate step. After hauling furniture, lawn equipment, mulch, etc. I can't imagine not having them now.

It seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing with both options. I'm going to try and keep an open mind about them and try both out but I have my doubts lol.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics. I would have never gone for the bed extender or step either. I use my tailgate as a bench a lot of times, especially during hunting season. The step would just be in the way. I just can't find a use for an extender. It either gets closed in or I go get one of my trailers. Welcome to the Raptor and Shelby owners club!

Pictures will be forth coming once it arrives. Beware however as my photo skills are seriously lacking lol. I'm the same with my tailgate. It's used as a bench, table top, platform, etc. Anytime that I have to haul around larger items it gets packed in a trailer and pulled to wherever, but like I said I'll give them both an honest shot before passing final judgement. Thank you for the congrats. I planned on keeping the Shelby forever and what better garage mate than another SVT!

Great news! You bought my clone minus the extender and step.....WHICH I WISH I HAD!!!!! I did get the factory spray in liner which is great. On my 12 the first thing I did was go straight to Line X....its a must!
You will love it, welcome to the brotherhood!
PS. Any chance your truck is coming from Massachusetts?

Unfortunately the truck was assigned a VIN just before I inquired about it so the order could not be changed. I would have left off the step, extender and front camera more than likely if I could have changed the order but I wanted to make sure I could get one and forgo the extra long wait and possibility of not getting one had I ordered another one. I've heard mixed reviews of the factory spray in so I figured it was no loss with not having it equipped with the truck. I have a Line-X dealer 5 miles from my house that I will set up an appointment for once it arrives.

And thank you for the welcome! The truck is actually coming from my dealer in Pennsylvania. Originally I wanted a Blue Flame 801a truck but they had this beauty coming in and I jumped on it. I'm a little nervous because I have not seen a Special Edition truck in person yet lol.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
You will love it! As for the liner, I am finding my factory Ford liner in my 14 is much better than my Line X in the 14!
Get those pics up when you get her!
I think Blue Flame and Silver are the 2 colors I rarely see, not that there are many Raptors in this area!

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
You will love it! As for the liner, I am finding my factory Ford liner in my 14 is much better than my Line X in the 14!
Get those pics up when you get her!
I think Blue Flame and Silver are the 2 colors I rarely see, not that there are many Raptors in this area!

I don't necessarily do a ton of driving in a years time but I may see 3-5 Raptors period in a years time here where I'm at. I know there are one or two in my direct area but I never see them out on the road. I loved the BF color that I test drove but I fell in love with the Raptor after seeing a new 2010 in TB back in the day and think it is just so fitting for the vehicle.

Will do on the pictures! Last I know it arrived at Ramp 5R at the Twin Oaks yard in PA on June 2/3. That yard is only about 2.5 hours from my dealer so I was hoping for a delivery today but I'm guessing next week (unless they drive on Saturday?). I had to fight the urge to call CSX/Twin Oaks and see if they could tell me any updates lmao.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Truck was delivered today and going through PDI tomorrow morning. I'll be taking off early from work to go pick it up in the afternoon.

I'm already feeling uneasy about leaving my current truck behind lol. Lots of memories over the past 9 years but I'm looking forward to making new ones in the Raptor!

In case anyone was wondering here is a face shot of my current ride.
imag.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
1 day in the Raptor, and you will forget about those 9 years!

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
The truck came and I'm pretty sure I did as well when I drove it off the lot. Everyone is correct, this truck is amazing. To the guy in the other thread complaining about power...this truck at 80 mph feels like it's standing still. Bumps, dips and expansion joints in the road that used to feel like the Grand Canyon are now just small blips with this suspension.

I told my dealer to keep all the documentation for the truck when it came in and I was delighted to find the build sheet in the glove box. Has anyone else been able to get their hands on one?

FX4ALL

Established Member

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I was able to get all documentation because I ordered mine.
Been to the gas station yet?

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I have not yet been to the gas station. So far I've put roughly two hundred miles on it which is a shame because it's so much fun to drive. My commute to work is ten minutes and it will sit there all day for about 9-10 hours and then make the ten minute trip home. I've been holding off on driving it more because I'd like to get some type of seat cover for the rear so I can have my German Shepherd tag along (we take her everywhere). I don't want to have my rear seats get FUBAR within the first week of ownership lol.

Been averaging between 13.0 and 13.4 mpg according to the factory lie-o-meter. I suspect that will go down quite a bit once I start really taking everywhere as I do mostly highway miles now.

Washed it up for the first time today as well. Definitely not looking forward to keeping a black truck clean but it's worth it in the end.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats and I love the pictures... oh wait, there aren't' any! Pics please!!

Users who are viewing this thread