Thinking about a ZL1, but why are they soo.. slow?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If OP wants a 4 seater, with a factory supercharger than could hold its own on the roadcourse....he has to get a ZL1.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
If OP wants a 4 seater, with a factory supercharger than could hold its own on the roadcourse....he has to get a ZL1.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

473e197bd50cd4f0c9afe0e5e4cab7df.gif

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I agree, high 11's is nothing to brag about.
My 20 year old Viper did 12.2 @ 190kph on street tires at an unprepped track, 2.1s 60 foot time.
The ZL1 has so much more power than the Viper... And suspension probably aswell.

So with that said, get a Viper. They're tons of fun! (but not supercharged ofcourse).
The V10 will give you everything a supercharged V8 has minus heatsoak.
It has tons of low end torque. I was faster round the track leaving it in 3rd around low speed corners exiting at 2500-3000rpm than shifting down to second. The car simply just does not give a shit about low revs.

CV355

_
Established Member
Kenne Bell your Cobra, install poly bushings in your suspension. Upgrade cooling system. Be lighter and in a car people still love to see than a ZL1. I am admittedly not a Camaro fan, but the ZL1 is a much heavier car than a Terminator.

+1 on this. Cobras are timeless and brutal.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
5th gen z/28? Supposed to be an aminal on the track and it’s got a c6z heart so no heat soaking. Also it’s kinda rare, if that matters any... I know cobra guys like rare.
z28 is a downgrade in straight line speed if i remember correctly OP's car has a TVS.

ZL1 is the perfect car for OP's needs. 4-seater which two pages in people still cannot grasp (vette and viper recommendations).
People have ran 10's in the ZL1. It's also quicker than anything Ford has except for a $450k Ford GT.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
OP...

Go drive one before you say no. It's a really good chassis with 650hp, plenty strong.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Why are you comparing a stock car vs a modded car?

Why not slap the same type of mods on the ZL1 and compare again?

Besides, pit your cobra as is versus the ZL1 and see which one last longer on the roadcourse.

Get the ZL1, it's a nice car.

CobraKid04

Established Member
I think the zl1 is cool and a good car. The zl1 1LE is down right bad ass. First car in awhile I have really wanted.

Full bolt ons, pulley, tune. 600+hp and can out handle almost anything. What else more could one ask for.

I'm waiting to see if this new GT500 is legit.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I like the supercharger for the torque everywhere that a NA car doesn't have and the instant torque that a turbo car doesn't have. It makes for a better street driving experience.

The ZL1 turned a 2:50 at VIR, which is in the top-10 fastest lap times Car & Driver has ever recorded at that track. It's definitely not a "park it in the corners" kind of car.

Dude, you need a H/C C6Z. Trust me, mine makes PLENTY of torque and pulls like a freight train all over the road course. ALL N/A! Not to mention the handling and lightweight

Who needs a backseat at the track? lol j/k I assume you need it for "street duty"

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
I wouldn't marry that kind of payment, debt, or anything in this economy.

Money is all relative, my friend. What seems like a lot to someone could be a drop in the bucket for others.

Example : I don’t hardly drink alcohol, and the money other spend on alcohol monthly can easily cover a car payment.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
In s straight line the 4 door shows its taillights to zl1’s. But z is probably the best overall car currently out

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coiled03

Established Member
Full bolt ons, pulley, tune. 600+hp and can out handle almost anything. What else more could one ask for.

A car that doesn't make me throw up in my mouth when I look at it? Maybe that's just me.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
5th gen z/28? Supposed to be an aminal on the track and it’s got a c6z heart so no heat soaking. Also it’s kinda rare, if that matters any... I know cobra guys like rare.

I read somewhere the gen 6 SS 1LE is faster on the track than the 5 gen z28. And you get AC to boot. I guess OP should be looking at mustang PP2 then too.

Zemedici

Established Member
I read somewhere the gen 6 SS 1LE is faster on the track than the 5 gen z28. And you get AC to boot. I guess OP should be looking at mustang PP2 then too.

You guys.

He wants a backseat, and factory supercharging.

GTs supercharged now?

Users who are viewing this thread