Thinking about buying a Jeep...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If you buy it go this route with it.

Not interested in holding out and demoing a new Bronco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdever12

Established Member

CV355

_
Established Member
If you buy it go this route with it.

Not interested in holding out and demoing a new Bronco?

Once I found out the new Bronco wasn't going to have a 5.0, I wrote it off. The hardcore "I like driving slow over dirt mounts" crowd would disagree, stating that you only need torque, big tires, and an angry-eye grill to drive slow over those dirt mounts.

But hey, I like V8s. Call me old fashioned.

That Hellcat Wrangler looks amazing. Wish Ford would do something like that.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Once I found out the new Bronco wasn't going to have a 5.0, I wrote it off. The hardcore "I like driving slow over dirt mounts" crowd would disagree, stating that you only need torque, big tires, and an angry-eye grill to drive slow over those dirt mounts.

Dodge doesn’t even do that. It’s all aftermarket...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I’m wanting to see what the Bronco will look like. If I don’t care for it or there is stupid ADMs which there probably will be at 1st I’ll probably go F-150. Honestly I’m leaning towards the Eco-Boost over the 5.0 and I love V8’s. I also love forced induction lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
3E69C44A-A842-438B-A9DE-6C285887C038.jpeg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
They have entered my discussion for my next offroad toy.

Florida doesn't offer much for Raptors, unless I go 3+ hours north of me, but there's tons of trails here.

Problem is I want a 18, but don't want that price tag lol.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA, has there been no new information about the new Bronco from Ford to your sales team? Or is the Jeep just a good dollars and cents opportunity?

There haven't been updates in a while...but it's more of this is half the price kind of thing. Like I said earlier, it might get 1500 miles a year.

Update: I drove it over the weekend and realized that unless the top and doors are off, I have 0 desire to drive a Jeep ever again. Unfortunately in Missouri, it's either raining, snowing, 100 degrees or 10 degrees. I'll probably pass at this time.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
gas mileage sucks but I tellll you hwwwat it saved my ass more than a handful of times in bad weather. I love my 98 TJ Sahara. rusty with faded paint but shes strong and reliable. its def a lifestyle, crossing over from cobras to a Jeep was so different but kind of the same if it makes sense. I love my TJ but would love a 4 door sometime. I would put it in the same category as my terminator as far as vehicles ive loved. snow no problem, hurricane, no problem, sunny day drop the top. don't be a dick make sure you wave back at people. oh and youll never be done modding it. I figured I dropped one car for another and nope...mods never end.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
gas mileage sucks but I tellll you hwwwat it saved my ass more than a handful of times in bad weather. I love my 98 TJ Sahara. rusty with faded paint but shes strong and reliable. its def a lifestyle, crossing over from cobras to a Jeep was so different but kind of the same if it makes sense. I love my TJ but would love a 4 door sometime. I would put it in the same category as my terminator as far as vehicles ive loved. snow no problem, hurricane, no problem, sunny day drop the top. don't be a dick make sure you wave back at people. oh and youll never be done modding it. I figured I dropped one car for another and nope...mods never end.

I don't have an issue getting places. I daily a lifted Super Duty and have for years.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Update: I drove it over the weekend and realized that unless the top and doors are off, I have 0 desire to drive a Jeep ever again. Unfortunately in Missouri, it's either raining, snowing, 100 degrees or 10 degrees. I'll probably pass at this time.

I agree 1,000,000,000%...i had one, hated it and sold it within a couple of months, then 2 years later got another one after they supposedly made a bunch of updates to suspension, etc. (then I upgraded that even more using aftermarket) and then got rid of that one in about 3 months....super uncomfortable to drive. it just was not worth it- it was enjoyable on very short drives around town with the roof and doors off, but that is the extent of it. there is no denying its bad weather capabilities, but there are too many other MUCH better choices on the road with significantly more pros. Too many cons with this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread