thinking about buying the best toyota ever made.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Its been a crazy year with cars for me. Sold my 800rwhp C6 ZR1 and built C5 Z06 to free up some cash. I bought a new 2014 GT500 for me and a WRX for my fiance. After looking at the new audi S4's, bimmers, and benz's, I realized that those cars arent for me. At all. Theyre nice, dont get me wrong, but theyre almost too nice and fancy for my taste.

Anyways, I began to think... what kind of car can I add to my stable? I wanted another dramatic change. Ive always loved the looks and styling of the Supra's, not to mention the power they can potentially make. Both of my businesses have really taken off this year so im in a good position to buy another toy.

My question... am I better off buying one thats already built? Or having someone else build it? I dont know a whole bunch about these things but I didnt know what route to take. Anyone got advise to give me as I pinpoint the right one or is there anything I need tk know abiut them either before buying? Thanks.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Disappointed. Thought this would be a thread about a Corolla build.

I would lean towards a built one or atleast one that had a good foundation with the weak points taken care of. People go one about vette tax, but unless it has changed the Supra tax was worse. Always been one to let others take the initial hit on mods as long as they weren't hack jobs or anything. Receipts are worth their weight in gold on any modded car.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'm still in disbelief you sold your built ZR1...

Look at the prices drop on them now... and just wait for after the C7 Z comes out. It hurt like hell letting it go and I do miss the **** out of it. I just didnt want to lose out big time on thr values.

Zemedici

Established Member
I would buy one and build it myself if I had the coin and area/tools. Yes of course you save money buying one already done up, but you could be perhaps inheriting someone else's problem. You can buy a nice stock TT auto car for around 24 or so with low miles. Sometimes even less, then the fun stuff begins. Join supra forums and starting soaking up information. Oh man I'm excited for you hahaha

Not a whole lot is more fun that a Getrag TT 1000hp supra, and very few look as good doing it as well.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have a nice 96 Corolla I'll sell ya :) ahahahaha j/k

But seriously you sold your built ZR1?!!

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I have been looking for a Supra for a while and have yet to find one that isn't a total bucket of shit. I thought I found one about a year ago that was a 6 speed TT car from the factory. The seller even posted a carfax on it that looked nice, clean and legit. When I pulled the actual vin off the car the car had been rolled in an accident and had an odometer roll back. The seller actually took the time photoshop the Carfax to make it look clean. People think dealers are shady but private sellers are borderline criminals with the shit they try to pull. Now the big thing is washing titles. I have already come across a couple Supra's that have done this. Buyers beware...

oldmodman

Established Member
A not so avid car lover that I know has one, totally stock, never raced (for real) and it only has 31K on it. I'll ask him if he is interested in selling.

He just took delivery of a new "hot rod" Bentley so I kind of doubt that he will ever be driving the Supra again.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
A not so avid car lover that I know has one, totally stock, never raced (for real) and it only has 31K on it. I'll ask him if he is interested in selling.

He just took delivery of a new "hot rod" Bentley so I kind of doubt that he will ever be driving the Supra again.

Sweet!! Thanks man.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I would buy one and build it myself if I had the coin and area/tools. Yes of course you save money buying one already done up, but you could be perhaps inheriting someone else's problem. You can buy a nice stock TT auto car for around 24 or so with low miles. Sometimes even less, then the fun stuff begins. Join supra forums and starting soaking up information. Oh man I'm excited for you hahaha

Not a whole lot is more fun that a Getrag TT 1000hp supra, and very few look as good doing it as well.

Pretty much this.

Buy one as close to stock as you can, or hell, even a blown one, and send it to Titan or someplace else reputable in the Supra community.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If you get one post pics always loved supras. I as we'll can't believe you sold the ZR1 but understand why you did. Did you ever post pics of your GT500?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
yeah idk if I would of sold a zr1 to go with a built supra, but shit it isn't my money

with that said tho I know a trust fund baby who has the cleanest supra you will ever see (hes also got a zr1, gtr, lambo). Most definitely the nicest twin turbo'd supra I've ever seen. But with that said it is most definitely not a car he drives even once a week, and it is always constantly being worked on. I would probably buy built if I had the cash, but I would have to be absolutely positive that the work was done by someone reputable, and that the shit he used is top quality. And even then you will probably have to plan on issues popping up. But if you can be happy with a 15+ year old car then I say go for it.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Best Toyota ever made....

IMG_0333.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread