Thinking of switching to turbo setup

cobrasvt57

Established Member
Guys is there a kit or anyway possible that I’ll be able to keep my A/C and especially my sway bar? I want to build a car that can take turns as well as straight line performance.
Thanks ahead of time.

Joel

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
cg fab new kit retains away bar, ac, and power steering.

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That’s Cool to know.
I’m assuming it’s not been added to their website or it’s on Facebook.
Either way, in my head for STREET turbo kits, it’s Hellion or CG Fab.
Front sway bar isn’t as big of a loss as people make it out to be unless you’re doing serious curves or canyons, but keeping AC and PS is a huge plus on a fun street car.
I haven’t seen CG Fab in a few years but they were pretty good when I’ve seen them.
I love turbos but it’s hard to argue the PD blower simplicity.
-J

cobrasvt57

Established Member
Just got the email from ford that they were unable to locate any 5.8 aluminum gt500 blocks. So it looks like it’s going to be a built teksid coming but I still want to use the 2KR cylinder heads so there might be a crazy intake setup coming. But definitely looking to do something different what that looks like I don’t know yet.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got the email from ford that they were unable to locate any 5.8 aluminum gt500 blocks. So it looks like it’s going to be a built teksid coming but I still want to use the 2KR cylinder heads so there might be a crazy intake setup coming. But definitely looking to do something different what that looks like I don’t know yet.
Have you called JDM to see if they have any 5.8 blocks?
Good luck.
-J

cobrasvt57

Established Member
I did and one day it was 4K called back a day or two later to get estimate on shipping ready to order and it was 6k. Really bro.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bummer.
A well built Teskid block can go a long way. See J. Milhovetz/Accufab racing!
-J

cobrasvt57

Established Member
yea ive spoke to John several times. Sad thing is im still thinking about pullin the trigger ;) Something about 700hp/600tq before boost still gives me a stiffy.

Marvin9075

Established Member
Well gonna be swapping to a twins setup this spring with the on3 kit . Gonna have a local performance place here in north Texas doing the work who has done these kits before. Gonna be replacing the BOV, waste gates and v band clamps right out the gate so we shall see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread