tvspower

Established Member
image.jpeg
Just Beautiful Just saying

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Keep gt500 and finish payments.

Anyone saying keep the gt500 because it will go up on value is delusional. Maybe after 20+ years and if the mileage is under 1k miles. Sadly those "collector" cars will end up being sold before they actually climb up in value. Which is good for the next guy to pick it up. They get a mint GT500.

Dusten

Established Member
I suppose your right. Lighting is just an F150 with a few boltons. :rolleyes:
Different suspension, brakes, seats, lower compression, blower.

Same frame, suspension geometry, wheel base, steering, same trans, body panels, same heads, cams, exhaust manifolds....

There is more the same than different

97cobra...

Established Member
View attachment 1539121 Op. When I bough my 08 it was truly special
11 yrs later, still Special
Newer rides n more power,
Cannot remove that special feeling
Still loved

That’s a good looking car!! This is mine and I definitely love this car, I don’t plan on keeping my car low miles, after all I did buy it to drive it so the future resell doesn’t worry me to much , as I well have enjoyed the car lol
4bd105f2c30a41ad6be165f2903e2f4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97cobra...

Established Member
Holy shit your super local. I know the manager at rr. Ive bought a handful of cars there.

Dude I was wondering if that was you , I had the green 97 cobra from back in the days of when we would do the Walmart shenanigans haha

97cobra...

Established Member
Good. I retire in july. Trying to get on at boeing. Still hanging out with benj and ej

That’s awesome congratulations !!! I see them every once in a while doing the whole adult thing has taken a serious bite out of my free time haha

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
If it was me, I'm keeping the Shelby, unless it was a gt350 I was trading it in for.

I want to go to the dark side actually. I own my 04 but I want a c6Z06, but I'm never selling my car.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
To me I think it would only be worth it if you're trading up to a 18+ with the 10AT or maybe even a Bullitt and were getting all the bells and whistles. A '15-17 6AT or 6MT isnt better enough IMO to warrant losing the uniqueness of a GT500 over.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Been following this since first post, curious of the replies. I'm surprised so many people place value on the Shelby and GT500 names. The names themselves are meaningless to me, just interested in the mechanical differences in those models. I'll walk past a Shelby but stop and admire a well done Fox every single time. Given the same price I'd definitely take an S550 over S197 GT500. BUT, to OP, if it's just a weekend fun car, and you like the appeal of having a Shelby, then keep it. If having a Shelby doesn't matter, then put as much seat time in the S550 as you can and make the choice from there.

97cobra...

Established Member
Been following this since first post, curious of the replies. I'm surprised so many people place value on the Shelby and GT500 names. The names themselves are meaningless to me, just interested in the mechanical differences in those models. I'll walk past a Shelby but stop and admire a well done Fox every single time. Given the same price I'd definitely take an S550 over S197 GT500. BUT, to OP, if it's just a weekend fun car, and you like the appeal of having a Shelby, then keep it. If having a Shelby doesn't matter, then put as much seat time in the S550 as you can and make the choice from there.

That’s a solid view I feel the same way I really only got the Shelby because I got a smoking deal on it I wanted an s550 from the get go so I don’t really have a anchor tying me to the Shelby

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
It's always been that way here. It's pretty funny these guys don't care about the regular non cobra mustangs no matter how fast they are.

Just watch #ydbt4life on IG. There are gt500/cobra owners in their own world that don't think their car is a mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread