Third Hook Quadrant

major187

Established Member
Previous owner installed a three hook quadrant. He also put the cable on the third (last) hook. The cable's way too tight and needs placed on the second hook.

Will I need to jack the car up and remove the inspection cover as if I am replacing the whole cable? Or is there an easier way to adjust the cable from the third hook to the second? I was hoping to not have to remove the cable from the fork to do this...

If anyone knows of any hints, please help!

Rambro

Established Member
I have mine on the first hook and was told to use the second hook. I tried to do this under the dash but couldn't get enough slack in the cable. A friend told me you have to disconnect at the fork. What a PITA it is sliding under the dash, I feel your pain.

major187

Established Member
I was afraid I would have to disconnect at the fork. The third hook is so tight. I'm hoping thats what is causing the squeal sound and nothing else transmission related. It only does it when releasing the pedal, so I may be lucky.

ATFPat

Established Member
I'm the opposite, I have to use the third hook. The other two hooks don't work for me, the cable just sits and is way to long. I Was going to purchase a different quadrant but have no idea what to get. Figured it would help with a loose/sloppy clutch pedal.

ATFPat

Established Member
^ Yea that was my original idea but the business that installed everything does't want me to adjust anything so its going back. I still think it's with the quad and clutch cable they replaced, just needs a tweak but they sound like they want to replace the TOB.......

Users who are viewing this thread