FOR SALE: This car looks like Odometer Rollback

Ke1130

Established Member
They posted pictures of it today and from the looks it definitely only has the miles posted of just under 14k. Definitely hurts resale value.

Sonic03Coba

On Tues 9/14 I drove almost 2hrs to look at this Mystic Cobra and was disappointed with overall exterior paint nicks n scratches for being a 13K mileage Cobra at investment grade asking price. Also the underside of the car had some rust in the body seams and the exhaust was rusted more than surface rust it could be a low mileage Cobra (oddly three high mileage noted from emission testing) if so it was not kept in a garage or driven during inclement weather at some point during its life. In Addition the Cobra chrome wheels were replaced with some other chrome wheels which leads me to believe the original wheels may have gotten pitted and discarded. I will say the interior looked nice.... so good luck !

venomous2004

Established Member

venomous2004

Established Member
this is my text communication w/salesman...some unexplainable/weird things that just don't line up, for the prise they are asking and lack of info and original parts...idk
be very careful, imop this is not 13K miles car or it hasn't been well taking care of, u be the judge.
(btw i live half an hr away if any one needs a "drive by" closer look, but i would stay away for my money). gl to all
Screenshot_20210918-071056_Messages.jpeg
Screenshot_20210918-071109_Messages.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

dom418

Established Member
Car is in very rough shape underneath. Lots of rust from improper storage. I had them put it up on a lift. Also the engine bay is showing signs of corrosion.

HPLouis

Established Member
Car is in very rough shape underneath. Lots of rust from improper storage. I had them put it up on a lift. Also the engine bay is showing signs of corrosion.

Damn, that sucks. Maybe someone can buy it and save it. The only problem is who’s going to pay $45K plus dealer fees, etc. for a car that they have to save….and also fix the Carfax issues (if it can be fixed). The other bad thing is a Mystichrome coupe in good condition is hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
It’s going into winter too. I’d imagine it’s a High probability that they’re going to send it auction vs hold it if it goes back 60+ days on the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread