Those interested in the new GT500,....

Fordfourlife

Established Member
No info released publicly directly from ford.. But the Admin of this site does not just create made up vehicle sub forums for shits and giggles. He has inside info that something is coming.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
I'm convinced the 6.2L DOHC will be in the next GT500. It's already been stated Ford is working on a "new big block". With Chevrolet introducing their new 6.2L DOHC it would be silly for Ford to remain with the hagged out 4.6L inspired architecture. It's ridiculous they didn't step up to the 6.2 a long time ago.

Recon

Established Member
Step in the opposite direction from what ford's been doing lately. With pushing their Ecoboost platform. Plus they'll have to design a DOHC head for the 6.2. Though I doubt the GT500 will have anything bigger than the Trinity.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
DOHC head was designed several years ago. Ford said they didn't use it because of some baloney about not passing emissions.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
I doubt it. Chevrolet is going naturally aspirated in the Corvette with their DOHC 6.2. Seems like all manufactures try to remains on a somewhat level playing field. But fact is, I don't know.

Recon

Established Member
^ Voodoo with twins would be awesome. Though that isn't going to happen. All speculation of course, but one article I read stated that maybe a 4.8L FPC TT V8 would be in the GT500.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
Heres the second confirmation for Chevrolet's new DOHC V8, With a FLAT PLANE crank.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/a-new-...is-still-on-the-way-heres-everything-we-know/

Does anybody really think Ford doesn't plan on answering that call out?

It's bad enough they drug their feet for 5 years and blew the opportunity to completely decimate the competition with a 6.2L based DOHC. If they drop the ball on this one and try to shove that tiny engine architecture at us for another round of GT500's, I'm out.

Jon82387

Established Member
Why do people keep saying it has to be a big bad 6.2L?? Look how twin turbo 5.0L motors are performing..... ez 800-900hp on stock blocks. Why wouldn't they do that and save on some gas guzzling issues? Add in some tech and electronic controller for the wastegates and things have selectable HP levels and be able to allow anyone to drive it from the old guy who may only want a 500hp badass car or the guy who wants to go out and kill the tires everyday with 800hp!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Since we are all just guessing anyway, I'm thinking Clemson above is going to be on target. Force fed 5.2L Voodoo V8, probably a twin screw blower as opposed to twin turbos(packaging issues), this is a very wide engine.
For as long as I have been closely watching Ford produce awesome performance vehicles, I have very rarely been disappointed by new releases.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
5.0 twin turbo on the Revised 2018 model. 755 hp.

The good news is the Bullitt is back for the 50th year model production run....The "Rock" video from Ford showed the Poster on the back wall with one. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread