Those interested in the new GT500,....

Fourcam380

Established Member
That's not what you said at all. The words you typed said that people could get $240K Aston Martins for $60K in 2 -3 years.

Sorry don’t agree at all. Not what I said. Not sure how you can misinterpret that.

On the other hand I’m still correct:

FYI it takes 1hr, $500, and a minimum amount of motivation to attain a dealer license in OH.

csc427

Established Member
That's not what you said at all. The words you typed said that people could get $240K Aston Martins for $60K in 2 -3 years.
Agreed. Just checked ebay real quick for curiosity's sake. No 2014+ db9's listed for under 115k or so. Let alone a 5k mile highly optioned one (240k msrp). Can't imagine wholesale is half that or a stockpile of cars to obtain wholesale. While I do agree euro cars take a huge hit initially, it's not 75% in 2-3 years! If that were the case, you would see them littered on the road like corvette stingrays and other cars that cost 60k. Who wouldn't want a $60k Aston with a v12 still under factory warranty? Hell, I'd have a whole garage full of them. I'm constantly in the market for cars like this and they just aren't that cheap. Porsche turbo/gt cars, Audi R8, mb amg, etc.

Last edited:

Fourcam380

Established Member
Agreed. Just checked ebay real quick for curiosity's sake. No 2014+ db9's listed for under 115k or so. Let alone a 5k mile highly optioned one (240k msrp). Can't imagine wholesale is half that or a stockpile of cars to obtain wholesale. While I do agree euro cars take a huge hit initially, it's not 75% in 2-3 years! If that were the case, you would see them litered on the road like corvette stingrays and other cars that cost 60k. Who wouldn't want a $60k Aston with a v12 still under factory warranty? Hell, I'd have a whole garage full of them. I'm constantly in the market for cars like this and they just aren't that cheap. Porsche turbo/gt cars, Audi R8, mb amg, etc.

Wholesale is not eBay.

Yes the hits are very much that hard or worse. Back in ‘13 I snagged a ‘12 CL65 for the Wifey with 10k miles for $105K, sticker was $222k. Car was less than 12 mos from being titled.

While I can’t say everyone can find these deals, point is when the Db11s depreciate they will be a fun and fast car to drive, which the DB9s are not.

csc427

Established Member
Wholesale is not eBay.

Yes the hits are very much that hard or worse. Back in ‘13 I snagged a ‘12 CL65 for the Wifey with 10k miles for $105K, sticker was $222k. Car was less than 12 mos from being titled.

While I can’t say everyone can find these deals, point is when the Db11s depreciate they will be a fun and fast car to drive, which the DB9s are not.
Understand that ebay is not wholesale. My point being "accessible to most" is misleading and not realistic. Majority of people don't have access to cars for this price. Again, if so, you would see them everywhere. And if it were that simple to obtain a dealers license for this purpose, most people would have one and we could all buy exotics for pennies on the dollar. I would have a garage like treynor for 75% less invested.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Not everyone wants a DB9, I don’t, they do nothing very well.

Obviously it’s going to be hard for me to tell you what you can and can’t find at what price, and vice versa.

csc427

Established Member
Not everyone wants a DB9, I don’t, they do nothing very well.

Obviously it’s going to be hard for me to tell you what you can and can’t find at what price, and vice versa.
Totally understand. Was just using that as example. Have a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread