Those of you that have installed a return system, how did you route it?

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I am trying to decide how I am going to go about running my feed/return lines. I have the 1LE Fore system with dual 450's. I know the passenger wheel well is a good place for the regulator, but where is a safe place under the car for the filter (88mm) and lines? I was thinking about putting the filter on a plate (I'd have to fab it) and mounting it in the original filter location. However I'd have to track down one or two 90 degree -AN fittings to make the turns I'd need to get around the IRS. Anyone have any advice or recommendations?

Thanks

bigmoose

Established Member
I ran my feed and return right next to the factory line. I would not put your filter in the stock location. That would absolutely suck to service. I have mine under the passenger seat next to my FLSFCs. Super easy to unhook and service.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I ran my feed and return right next to the factory line. I would not put your filter in the stock location. That would absolutely suck to service. I have mine under the passenger seat next to my FLSFCs. Super easy to unhook and service.

You don't think it is too exposed there? My car is pretty low and I worry about it getting damaged.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You don't think it is too exposed there? My car is pretty low and I worry about it getting damaged.
Mine is in this same location. My subframe connectors sit lower than the filter housing.

IMAG0595_zpszgysmjh7.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Same here, under the passenger seat. Followed the factory lines. Are you going deadhead, or return after the fuel rails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
Same here, under the passenger seat. Followed the factory lines. Are you going deadhead, or return after the fuel rails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I did mine originally. Then later on when I got subframe connectors I mounted my filter to the subframe connector and had the line follow the connector.

KEVINS

Established Member

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Nice ok I stand corrected. Thanks for the pics, makes it much easier to understand.
I didn't know you could run it that way. Cool thanks for the knowledge pic 1 example 1. Cause example 2 is after the rails.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I thought Malcolm did a deadhead set up?. Well either way if your copying him I am sure it will be fine.

Not true. Mine also returns the fuel to the tank before going to the motor. This keeps the fuel from absorbing unnecessary engine heat which is what Malcom was fighting and cured on his car. See figure #1.

View attachment 1479805

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/243993-Dead-Head-Return-Fuel-setup-or-no?highlight=dead+head

ks

Yeah #1 is it, I have a 3 port regulator.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I went up the drivers side with the lines, modded the stock filter bracket to mount filter. Made a custom bracket to mount the regulator.

-10 feed from the tank and filter into the regulator, -10 into a wye block, -8 into each rail dead head style. Then -8 return out the bottom of the regulator. The lines fit perfect behind the wheel liner.

Here are a few pics...

20160524_194217_zpsfzqiskch.jpg

20160524_194234_zpswh7v7fic.jpg

20160524_072136_zpsedbotl3g.jpg

20160520_092441_zpsk8m3jhhs.jpg

bigmoose

Established Member
Since you are running the stock rails I'd definitely go passenger side. The stock rail connection points to the passenger side. It would be a pain to properly connect to that from the driver side.

If you go aftermarket rails and connect to the back of the rail I guess it probably doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread