Those of you with Ethanol % Sensors

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
So, not interested in debating whether the gas testing kits are better, as I've already installed the sensor. Just curious if what I'm seeing is normative.

I have the Aeroforce sensor going to an analog input of my Interceptor. Right now, I'm not driving the car because of salt on the roads, and it has pump 93 (E10) in it.

With the ignition "on," and the pump running (engine off), it is reading 11.6% steady. Fuel pressure (return style) is set to 48 lbs. I'm honestly not sure whether the E10 these days in my area tends to be even higher than 10%, or whether it's actually 10% and the 11.6 just represents sensor/gauge standard error.

But what's most curious, when you start the motor and let the engine idle, the reading fluctuates between 10.5 and 11.2. Pressure is still at 48ish.

While I realize it is normal for the reading to fluctuate like that +-1%, why would it be rock steady (and higher) when the engine isn't running and the pump pumping fuel at the same rate?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
is your return system dead head and once the lines are pressurized it's not getting any flow across the sensor?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My system is deadhead and I've noticed when sitting the percentage stays the same while KOEO. I've seen the percentage change one or two percent while driving, but that was usually after filling up and after getting a few miles down the road. I chalked it up to the fuel mixing while driving.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
My system is return style.

At this point, the only thing I can think of is that the firing of the injectors when the engine is running affects the readings

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I've got this in my car:
2Q==(15).jpg

Innovate DLG-1

I have a return system and it does the same as you describe. KOEO-steady, KOER-fluctuates.

96dreamer

Established Member
I'm running a 13577429 sensor in a 3d printed housing I got off ebay in my return line currently. Readings while running or KOEO are rock solid fluctuating ~.4% for a 10 minute log but at any particular time completely steady.

I have the same housing @biminiLX posted and it looks like an extremely nice piece. I'm planning on running that on the supply line with the same sensor when I redo the fuel system here real soon.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe Innovate has a model that is also an Ethanol sensor and wideband O2 combo.
He may have just linked the wrong pic?
-J

Yeah.. I screwed up.. I've got the Innovate ECF-1 too. That's the one I was referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread