Those with synthetic tranny fluid?

How many miles with no problems, I had a mis-hap. I just want to know before I flush my tranny in the re-build.

Also, Royal Purple or Mobil 1?

Thanks fellas

I'D WIN

Established Member
Mishap?

No problems at all. I usually change my tranny filter and fluid every 5-6k miles.

Always Mobil-1 Synthetic. Buy it in bulk or large containers if you can, MUCH cheaper!

OH-MAN

Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Mishap?

No problems at all. I usually change my tranny filter and fluid every 5-6k miles.

Always Mobil-1 Synthetic. Buy it in bulk or large containers if you can, MUCH cheaper!

I can not find the atf in the 5qt cans only engine oil.
Where do you get the atf in the large containers?

Crazyoldman

Kendall

My tranny guys are trying a new synthetic atf (Kendall) in my newly built box. They said it was 25% synthetic rather than 10% like all the rest.
Ken at Exton Trans, he built the trans, said it had a slipperier feel to it. I've only been running it for a week but it shifts great. When I get on it, 15 ft and smoke in second, but nice and smooth when just drivin in traffic.
I'd been running Mobil synthetic prior and the clutches and steeles had some burn marks but it wasn't bad for 82k and many times down the 1320.

I'D WIN

Established Member
OH-MAN said:
I can not find the atf in the 5qt cans only engine oil.
Where do you get the atf in the large containers?

Check to see if you have any petroleum shops or Mobil 1 Racing stores around. I can buy it in 55 gal drums if I really wanted to.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
ABout 3000 miles on mine so far. I put the mix from Chikenears.com in there. I put that stuff in there when I did my FTVB. So far everything is perfect.

EDIT: The fluid I bought through Chikenears.com came in a 5 gallon jug.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread