Thoughts on C6 Corvette Grand Sport??

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
As been said I'd get a z. My buddy has a 13 gs cams, long tubes, ported intake and tb, and a 3200 stall runs mid 11s on a tire.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
It only has 1 cam.

I lol'd. He's used to the mustang world.

As been said I'd get a z. My buddy has a 13 gs cams, long tubes, ported intake and tb, and a 3200 stall runs mid 11s on a tire.

This is the problem. That same work on a Z will get you close to, or in the 9s.

OP to answer your question the stock seats aren't that bad depending on what you are used to. I have driven my Z to ky (edit 6 hour drive) on multiple occasions and I never get out of the car and feel extremely worn out like I do in the bmw or even the focus.

Is an LS3 more reliable than an LS7? Probably, but you have to throw a ton more money at it to make it really fast. Prepare yourself to pay the corvette tax. As someone mentioned the GS is the heaviest vette and you really can tell the difference if you hot seat it from a Z.

With headers, cold air and tune my car will make right at or near 500rw, which will be more than plenty for the street and it will still get 28+ mpg, which is damn impressive considering what it's capable of.

Oh and of the people in this threat WHO ACTUALLY HAVE C6Zs none of us have dropped valves.

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
How is there even a question between the Z and the GS? They are completely different animals...

Because this is svtp so we took the OPs original question and made it a couple posts before someone said "just get a used Z" and then the inevitable BUT THEY BLOW UP started.

whiplash306

Established Member
Because this is svtp so we took the OPs original question and made it a couple posts before someone said "just get a used Z" and then the inevitable BUT THEY BLOW UP started.
I'm the guilty one for suggesting the OP to just get a used Z. However, I certainly didn't mean it as a comparison between Z's and GrandSports. It was more just my assuming that he was most likely considering the GS due to the Z's wide body look, thinking that it might be a cheaper acquisition over that of a Z……when in reality, a year or two older Z can, in many instances, actually be quite a bit cheaper than a GS and yet provide the driver with an all-around faster car...

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Back road cruising with some fun mixed in I'll take the GS in a Vert, If I'm looking to be a track star Z06 all day. I forget but didn't a Z06 run in the 10's stocks with a tire? HCI and your in the 9's with a Z06 and raping just about anything or a road course.

Oh and GT500>Boss. I like some creature comforts.

Jebadias

Established Member
Funny thread. OP, I'd Get a Z if you can swing it.

I have a question for the guys saying get a ls3 over a Z06. Would you also take a boss over the gt500?

I took the Boss over the GT500. :banana:

As for the vette question, I don't know enough about them to have an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread