Thoughts on the Cobra R spoiler

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I know a lot of you hate the huge wings that ricers put on their cars, but what about the Cobra R? It may be big, but it is funcional. I thing it looks weird from some angles, but overall I love it. I am just curious becuase when I eventually get a 03 or 04 Cobra I would probably put this wing on. So...what are your thoughts?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I personally love the 03-04 Cobra spoiler, so I'd leave it. That being said, I think any wing that comes on a Mustang stock is not rice as long as the whole look is followed. If I were to put on a Cobra R wing, I'd put on a full Cobra R body kit as well (maybe even a 5.4).

This goes for the Saleen SR wing. I think it looks good on a Saleen, especially a yellow one with yellow rims. :drool:

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT put a Cobra R wing on an 03-04 Cobra. It does not look good at all. I'd only put on a Cobra R clone.

To me it just doesn't make look good on an 03-04 Cobra.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I would NOT put an '00 "R" wing on any car, period. It's big, it's heavy and it doesn't do much until you get over 120 or so?

I'm not crazy about them and I have one. They look just ok to me.

It sure makes the '00 "R" easily recognizable though?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

tvguy

Big double standard here about the wing. It's as big or bigger than say an STI. And many rag to no end on how "ricey" the STI wing is. For you "but it's functional" fans out there, keep in mind both cars run 140mph and above, where it "might" do some good. I think the R wing looks like crap as does the STI. If one is "Rice", then the other is too. You can't have your cake and eat it as well. Also, the R wing shoud NEVER be put on an 03/04 Cobra or any other car. I've seen it and it looks like hell. If you do, next thing you know what's his name will be taking pictures of you. Just like the BMW and the huge wing a day or so ago. Ask yourself, do you want to be "that guy"??
pacotaco

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
The R wing belongs on the R. I guess I don't even really get into the whole 'replica car' thing. It's limited for a reason.

dsroten

Established Member
I dont care what car it came on, if its big - its rice. :nono: If it's rice on a new Evo or Sti, then its also rice a cobra r.

The only exception might be a 70's model superbird :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Rice is a large wing that can apply 1,200# of down force at 170mph on a four banger only capable of 100mph. :burn:

rezcobra

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Rice is a large wing that can apply 1,200# of down force at 170mph on a four banger only capable of 100mph. :burn:

Rice is "any" Japanese car or bike!!

dsroten

Established Member
rezcobra said:

So many 6-banger mustangs running around here with giant wheels and even bigger wings. :cuss: What are those referred to as? :shrug:

stevieb

Established Member
On any car on the street it looks rice, it is designed to work at speeds way too much for the street. With that being said if its on any street car it is for looks not function.
The R is a race car driven on the street, not a street car made to look like a race car, its the real thing.

Its kind of like kids that wear Jerry Rice (no pun intended) jerseys to emulate him, you think Jerry Rice wears Jerry Rice jerseys off the field? In other words wanna-be's!

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
A Mustang is a Mustang is a Mustang, the parts are all interchangeable. If the 2000 Mustang Cobra R wing does not belong on any other Mustang then neither do the other 2000 Mustang Cobra unique parts i.e. the hood, front air dam, wheels, brakes, head lamps (Ford even added them to the entire line-up then next Model Year) etc.

It's all a matter of personal taste for most and function for a few. On a primarily street driven Mustang that wing is just as practical as a 390hp engine and just as performance enhancing as the hood and side scoops seen on 99-04 models.

Do what you like, it's your coin.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
rezcobra said:

stfu you moron. Are you really going to set there and tell me that my r6, which gets the snot beat out of it regularly on track, is rice? Hmmm....it outperforms that pathetic American excuse of a motorcycle (HARLEY) on every level except noise production. Tell me which one of those is rice....

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
stfu you moron. Are you really going to set there and tell me that my r6, which gets the snot beat out of it regularly on track, is rice? Hmmm....it outperforms that pathetic American excuse of a motorcycle (HARLEY) on every level except noise production. Tell me which one of those is rice....

I like the R6 but I ride a VTX1300 myself. I kinda outgrew the Sport Bike thing.

Users who are viewing this thread