Thoughts on the GT350

LS WUT

Established Member
OP, are familiar with the c6z? It is in fact the greatest modern NA car.

......just throwing it out there.
Yes sir, I am very familiar with the C6 Z06. I’m also very familiar with the C7 Z06 as well. I don’t think I posted in here, however we are rebuilding the motor on the C6 Z06 because a valve dropped it I’m not mistaken. I’ll have to double check that. I’ve posted some photos on here of me driving my bestfriends C7 Z06. Both are awesome cars. I will for a fact own a C6 Z06 at some point or another. This motor that’s being worked on now was a 2006 I believe with 96k miles? Coming home from the track, did a pull against my brother in laws C4 Corvette and she lost power, she didn’t wanna turn over. When we got her started she started making some good knock knock jokes.

Attachments

• 0611332D-6E3C-4840-BBF5-1F644A3359AF.jpeg
    0611332D-6E3C-4840-BBF5-1F644A3359AF.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 6C378067-C7C5-45E1-A989-113CECC7E3CA.jpeg
    6C378067-C7C5-45E1-A989-113CECC7E3CA.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 2123591B-7C62-4FF3-8D39-BF44A823A11E.jpeg
    2123591B-7C62-4FF3-8D39-BF44A823A11E.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 50

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
he probably didnt mention that one due it being made of unobtainium…. But yes.. yes it is.
I did pose the question on the New balan, uh Corvette Forums of what the anticipated wait time for a Z06 would be. BTW, I have a kidney up for grabs on Organs and Bids.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I missed this post!

I'll try to shed some light on this. I drove my buddies 18 Kona blue a few years ago. The driving experience was amazing. It's truly a drivers car. It handles like it's on rails.

We bought our 19 velocity blue 350 last May. My plan was to keep it as stock as possible. For me, the car is perfect how it is. It does have a Corsa resonator delete and jlt separators. I want to be able to get in and just drive it.

A common problem is squeaky brakes and a lot of brake dust. It's completely normal, but different brake pads can fix it. I may change them out because the dust is quite annoying.

My buddy just called me yesterday and mentioned he might sell his because he doesn't want to mod it. He just can't leave anything alone. He's a honest guy and said it doesn't use a drop of oil. Has around 6k miles.

I really can't wait to drive it again! It's been a long winter.
1b9111b34534c777e1b85d962de739f0.jpg
18b42f4dec8a21a4213ce00399442e83.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone complains about the low end power... these are high end power cars. It would be like complaining about the power in a Yamaha R1 under 3500rpms.
Exactly.

It's not a red light to red light race car.

We have a country road here called the "bottom road". This year I plan on doing some spirited driving on it. It's by the river, narrow road, tons of curves and twisties and surrounded by woods/trees on both sides.

I can't wait to hear that voodoo and exhaust scream cruising it.

@Blown 89 what part felt cheap and what do you normally drive? I've driven my 03 cobra and GT 350 back to back. It's like night and day difference. Zero rattles, comfortable seats and feels way more comfortable in general than the cobra. I have zero complaints about the clutch or shifter location. It's placed in a perfect spot.

I kinda laugh every time someone complains about no low end power on these cars. How many stock cars can rev to 8250 rpms and make 526hp? It's a road race car, not a straight line drag car.

My buddy went 52 mph around a roundabout/traffic circle. How many other stock cars could do that?

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly.

It's not a red light to red light race car.

We have a country road here called the "bottom road". This year I plan on doing some spirited driving on it. It's by the river, narrow road, tons of curves and twisties and surrounded by woods/trees on both sides.

I can't wait to hear that voodoo and exhaust scream cruising it.

@Blown 89 what part felt cheap and what do you normally drive? I've driven my 03 cobra and GT 350 back to back. It's like night and day difference. Zero rattles, comfortable seats and feels way more comfortable in general than the cobra. I have zero complaints about the clutch or shifter location. It's placed in a perfect spot.

I kinda laugh every time someone complains about no low end power on these cars. How many stock cars can rev to 8250 rpms and make 526hp? It's a road race car, not a straight line drag car.

My buddy went 52 mph around a roundabout/traffic circle. How many other stock cars could do that?

Youre on point with everything stated….. the only thing i will say you are wrong on is…. 350 can most definitely be a stoplight to stoplight car, if wanted…. It is that good. Its all about the owner and how he enhances the car….

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Youre on point with everything stated….. the only thing i will say you are wrong on is…. 350 can most definitely be a stoplight to stoplight car, if wanted…. It is that good. Its all about the owner and how he enhances the car….

Those boosted 350s are killer.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Those boosted 350s are killer.

If I had a 350, Id leave it N/A… bolt ons/e85 and rape the ever-living shit out if it daily, like I did my c5z06….. most fun I ever had with a car… so many miles of nothing but punishment and cool stories…. Met and raced people from several different states… good times.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Everyone complains about the low end power... these are high end power cars. It would be like complaining about the power in a Yamaha R1 under 3500rpms.
Thats what I dont understand, slight under 3500 RPM, its practically making 350+ wtq already. I remember reading an article that the 19+ dyno'd about 30 more hp/tq vs the older one's.

From what I recall, it makes about the same or slight more tq vs a stock 20 5.0 in those RPM's, dont see anyone complaining about the Coyote having no tq....

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats what I dont understand, slight under 3500 RPM, its practically making 350+ wtq already. I remember reading an article that the 19+ dyno'd about 30 more hp/tq vs the older one's.

From what I recall, it makes about the same or slight more tq vs a stock 20 5.0 in those RPM's, dont see anyone complaining about the Coyote having no tq....

BOOM another headshot.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I missed this post!

I'll try to shed some light on this. I drove my buddies 18 Kona blue a few years ago. The driving experience was amazing. It's truly a drivers car. It handles like it's on rails.

We bought our 19 velocity blue 350 last May. My plan was to keep it as stock as possible. For me, the car is perfect how it is. It does have a Corsa resonator delete and jlt separators. I want to be able to get in and just drive it.

A common problem is squeaky brakes and a lot of brake dust. It's completely normal, but different brake pads can fix it. I may change them out because the dust is quite annoying.

My buddy just called me yesterday and mentioned he might sell his because he doesn't want to mod it. He just can't leave anything alone. He's a honest guy and said it doesn't use a drop of oil. Has around 6k miles.

Velocity Blue IS the fastest color!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It definitely can, I was referring to it in stock form. Stock for stock it probably won't outright some others making similar HP from light to light.

LS WUT

Established Member
I missed this post!

Awesome car man, you were the first person I thought of who’d more recently purchased one. I meant to ask you. However I know with winter being a huge factor I wasn’t sure how much driving you were able to get in before having to put her away. I appreciate you shedding some light.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome car man, you were the first person I thought of who’d more recently purchased one. I meant to ask you. However I know with winter being a huge factor I wasn’t sure how much driving you were able to get in before having to put her away. I appreciate you shedding some light.
No problem man! Obviously I wish I had driven it more, but hopefully this year. Probably a car that I'll hold onto for a long time. In my opinion, they are something special.

LS WUT

Established Member
Very well stated. I couldn’t agree more. It’s funny you mention R1. So alongside having muscle cars, and such. I do enjoy motorcycles as well. Having different bikes for different things makes sense. I guess what I’m referring to is, I want something nice to cruise around in, it’s more spirited driving, and maybe a few work days. For the time being. Yes I’ll be leaving it alone, will it be that way forever? Nope. I’ll probably mod it later down the line. I’ve got cars that are good at their own things.

For instance I’ve got a 2012 R1 it’s great top end, and such. Not really comfortable.
Then the 2023 Grom, gets 201 miles a tank lol.
Good ol 2004 CBR600 F4I. Fun cruising around bike, still for enough go go to have fun.
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster. Got a 2300CC motor, and like 165tq? Good cruiser
2023 Aprillia V4 that thing shits and gets like a mother.

Attachments

• 9B48801A-5807-4EEC-959F-DE0AEB34AC4E.jpeg
    9B48801A-5807-4EEC-959F-DE0AEB34AC4E.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread