Thoughts on the GT350

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
This joint has a nice selection of GT350's to choose from, and some 500's and Mach 1's.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It definitely can, I was referring to it in stock form. Stock for stock it probably won't outright some others making similar HP from light to light.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
It can there too… just gotta drive it right… some would even argue that the lower torque makes it easier / more manageable to hook and book…. The only thing is that, if launching it aggressively, your clutch might be in for early replacement.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I would get a 350 with no intention to add boost.
Spoke with a reputable sponsor on this site. I would steer clear of boost applications.

If your in the budget for a Mach 1, since they are still a $60k+ car, I would spend the extra and just get a base GT500.
With a Mach, I would add a TT or w/e. By the time you mod a Mach 1, your into GT500 $$

I'm just thinking aloud because I want to

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A 14/15 z28 would be fun with a full N/A ls7 build.

I remember when they didn't sell.. like AT ALL, and there were still NEW ones on auto trader around 2017 and 2018 for mid 50's. Brand new.

I definitely missed the boat on one of those beasts.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A 14/15 z28 would be fun with a full N/A ls7 build.

I remember when they didn't sell.. like AT ALL, and there were still NEW ones on auto trader around 2017 and 2018 for mid 50's. Brand new.

I definitely missed the boat on one of those beasts.

I specifically remember that…. I was in the market, but ended up with the shelbro instead….

the brakes were a no go for me…

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I specifically remember that…. I was in the market, but ended up with the shelbro instead….

the brakes were a no go for me…

Brakes were legit but pricey to replace I suppose! Full carbon if I remember right

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m actually going to take you up on that. I’m going to search Turo and see if I can find one for rent.
If you are ever in Western Michigan I'll let you take mine for a turn. Pick your time right and it might be on a track day.

Venom351R

Established Member
Found your thread and wanted to give some additional thoughts. Like I said before my time with my 2017 GT350 is limited due to just getting it and waiting for nice weather to arrive. I did drive it home for 2 hrs and found the recaro seats comfortable. Granted all I have to compare it to is my Terminator and my Bronco so there is that. Yes some of the 16-18's had oil consumption issues but mine does not appear to fall into that category. It has 29K on it and I have the full service record on it and its still the original gen 1 voodoo.

Yes the down low grunt is not as much as other cars but that's not what its designed for and will still take down a ton of cars from light to light regardless. The handling and braking is unreal. I thought my Cobra with 4 piston brembo's stopped well. Mine is also modded with ARH longtubes and sounds absolutely unbelievable

I believe the best of both worlds is having a Terminator and a GT350 when staying within the Ford family. I'm looking forward to doing a full thoughts / review on it once I have some more seat time but that wont happen until the weather breaks here.

Attachments

• IMG-3936.jpg
    IMG-3936.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-3937.jpg
    IMG-3937.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Found your thread and wanted to give some additional thoughts. Like I said before my time with my 2017 GT350 is limited due to just getting it and waiting for nice weather to arrive. I did drive it home for 2 hrs and found the recaro seats comfortable. Granted all I have to compare it to is my Terminator and my Bronco so there is that. Yes some of the 16-18's had oil consumption issues but mine does not appear to fall into that category. It has 29K on it and I have the full service record on it and its still the original gen 1 voodoo.

Yes the down low grunt is not as much as other cars but that's not what its designed for and will still take down a ton of cars from light to light regardless. The handling and braking is unreal. I thought my Cobra with 4 piston brembo's stopped well.

I believe the best of both worlds is having a Terminator and a GT350 when staying within the Ford family. I'm looking forward to doing a full thoughts / review on it once I have some more seat time but that wont happen until the weather breaks here.

So question, set you back about $65k-$70k with it being an R model?

Users who are viewing this thread