Thoughts on the new Lincoln MKC

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
So I'm going for a few jobs that will require me to purchase my own work car, car allowance will be provided (Keeping GT500 also). I want a small SUV and am considering the 2015 MKC with the 2.3 Ecoboost that'll also be in the new Mustang. The Escape would work but they're a dime a dozen and I'd like a little more power. I could also step up to an Edge or Explorer but having no kids means wasted fuel and driving bulkier vehicles unnecessarily.

I really like the styling for this new Lincoln and with that 2.3 and the nice interior it could be perfect.

Anyone else checked it out? Thoughts?

photo_05.html

http://www.lincoln.com/crossovers/mkc/

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Who buys Lincolns these days???

j/k It appears to be getting favorable reviews. Unless you are looking for the uniqueness of the MKC, I'd image the Escape is 95% the car for much less.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
That front is hideous. Stick to the escape imo

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Who buys Lincolns these days???

j/k It appears to be getting favorable reviews. Unless you are looking for the uniqueness of the MKC, I'd image the Escape is 95% the car for much less.

That's a good point, I wouldn't mind having a little more exclusivity and refinement though.

That front is hideous. Stick to the escape imo

I actually really like the front end styling, more so than the Escape.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I say go for it!!! I personally really like them and would pick one in black, 2.3 and optional 19's.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Autoblog just reviewed it recently and liked it a lot. I think it looks pretty damn good. Also check out the new small Lexus hybrid SUV.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I would buy that. I like the Lincoln front end and I spent some time driving a loaded ecoboost Escape, it was a great little SUV.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
It'll definitely be more rare.

Drive both and see if it makes sense to you. That's all that matters.

I'll definitely drive both soon. I could always pocket the price difference if I went with the Escape though, these companies pay the same either way. My top pick is a surgical sales gig and at this point the most likely to come through (knocks on wood). If I'm occasionally taking a surgeon out to lunch I will definitely get the MKC. It's nice without being overly snobbish.

I say go for it!!! I personally really like them and would pick one in black, 2.3 and optional 19's.

I'm with you, though I do hate cleaning a black car. Smoked Squartz looks nice also.

Autoblog just reviewed it recently and liked it a lot. I think it looks pretty damn good. Also check out the new small Lexus hybrid SUV.

I'll have to check out that review. I'd like to keep my money with Ford, they're doing a great job lately.

I would buy that. I like the Lincoln front end and I spent some time driving a loaded ecoboost Escape, it was a great little SUV.

Agreed on the front end, I'm a big fan as well. It's refreshing to hear from someone who's driven the platform and likes it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The Lincoln's are nice. We just fixed a new MKZ that came in from Enterprise. It's one of the nicer cars we get in.

oldmodman

Established Member
I want to drive one of the new Porsche Macan. It's available with three different engine so far and they may have three more option waiting in the wings.

I have driven both the Turbo S Cayenne and their big sedan, the Panamera. Loved them both. Fast, great handling, wonderful transmission. And pricing that is out of this world^^^.

But the last Lincoln I drove did not impress me in any way.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I could also step up to an Edge or Explorer but having no kids means wasted fuel and driving bulkier vehicles unnecessarily.

Then why get an SUV in the first place? Why not get a car that get's 35mpg+?

In reference to your question: I do like the looks of it. I agree with what was said that it's not as common of a car. I'd drive it.

jcthorne

Established Member
Having been through the whole 'Lincoln' deal with a CUV for my wife (a 2011 MKT) that we finally rid ourselves of and bought an Escape. Lincoln service is horrid, the availabilty of part is non-existant due to the limited production and while you can take a Lincoln to any Ford dealer, you will not get the services you paid for and they start off with the 'we really don't know those vehicles but we will try' line basicly asking you to go elsewhere. Our 2 yrs of Lincoln ownership was among the worst vehicles ownership experiences we ever had. And it cost us over $25k to get out of it. Lincoln values drop like a rock after sale. MUCH worse than comparable Fords. They start out at 10 to 15k above the price of the comparable Ford and the used price is equal or LESS due to service problems.

Sorry, Lincoln needs to overhaul its whole dealership organization to deal with customers younger than 95. They also need exclusive content, not a gussied up Ford for $15k more money and empty promises of service after the sale.

Oh, and the Escape has been wonderful. Great to drive, has almost every option the Lincoln had and much more up to date electronics. We don't get 28mpg but ours is an AWD 2.0EB. We average about 25. Heck that is twice what my wifes 2002 Explorer got and a whole lot more power. The 2.0EB is pretty zippy.

Last edited:

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
I actually worked on the MKC for a couple years and on the interior design team. Lincoln put a lot into this product and for the people that say "Oh the MKC is just an escape with a higher trim level" are so annoying because this vehicle is 90% all new. The suspension and ride height is different and it actually handles very well for an SUV. The reviews are coming in really good and that is tough because EVERY single website is really hard on any Lincoln because it is good press to do that. It is leaps and bounds better than that horrible Lexus NX that people are taking about. That vehicle looks like it was designed by 5 year olds.

My favorite parts of the MKC are the driving position and comfort of the seats as soon as you climb into them. It takes a minute to get used to the touch button shifters but it really does create so much more free "space" in a compact SUV that makes the interior look bigger especially opposed to the Escape. The handeling is great but I did not get to drive a 2.3 EB yet but even the 2.0 will put a little smile on your face. Make sure to get the CCD damping though that is standard on the MKZ.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
"Oh the MKC is just an escape with a higher trim level" are so annoying because this vehicle is 90% all new.

That may be true, but they need to do a much better job differentiating from the Fords IMO. They just have such a similar profile between them that is just too close for a lot of shoppers I think. Especially when there is $10K+ difference between them.

04svtterm

Established Member
the porsche macan is a decent truck, but it's so damn small. If you get the turbo one the price shoots way up. not worth it IMO. also, this MKC is actually decent looking. Much better than the escape.

Last edited:

flyby763

Established Member
My wife and I bought an MKC a couple weeks ago. She drives it every day and loves it. Seats are comfortable, makes good power, comes with a lot of features standard. Seems to be way better built than the CLA she's traded for it.

Users who are viewing this thread