Thoughts on value of CO Vert

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Understood on that. I agree about the Fox Coupe as it used to really be one of my favorites as well as the 93 Cobra, however, my personal favorite now are the Terminators. If you are going to pass down as I plan too and you do, not really important what the resale value is. However, it is when you are going to sell or trade like I would if I got a CO Vert and it wouldn't be way down the road, looking for collector value, it would have been as soon as I could have found a coupe that maybe someone wanted to trade for the Vert. Everything, like baseball cards and all the other 'collectible' things, are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
KBB says the terminator isn't worth anywhere near the price people ask....value goes with the demand as we all know.

Oh and BTW, Goose, HP and Dom, you all have some of the nicest low mileage MC, SB and CO I've seen, love your cars.

If you WANT a coupe, don’t give up your Fox for a vert now thinking that you’ll trade for a coupe later. Keep the bird in hand and wait/see what coupes come available. Make sure you expand your search... there are way more modded “race cars” for sale here than low-mile collector cars. eBay, Hemmings and car auctions typically have the low-mile offerings.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Back when I was looking for my car I came across 5 verts for sale. I almost pulled the trigger a couple times, but I'm not a vert guy and I knew deep down I wouldn't be happy. The wife found my coupe and it was the only one listed. So I overpaid a bit IMO, but I'm happy with it.

HPLouis

Established Member
If you WANT a coupe, don’t give up your Fox for a vert now thinking that you’ll trade for a coupe later. Keep the bird in hand and wait/see what coupes come available. Make sure you expand your search... there are way more modded “race cars” for sale here than low-mile collector cars. eBay, Hemmings and car auctions typically have the low-mile offerings.

I've seen a few here too: The best vintage and classic cars for sale online | Bring a Trailer

I agree with Goose17. If you're looking for a collector car, this site is more for the race and modded car crowd. The collector cars get sold through word of mouth and other websites. Same thing with parts. I've bought several rare parts on FB groups and eBay.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well everyone has the right to their own opinion. Goose is obviously passionate about selling the future value of the terminator verts as well as the value of the MC in these types of threads.

Unfortunately the market says otherwise and has shown no signs of swinging in favor of verts. These cars are at the point now age wise where the clean examples are not raced, there are less expensive routes to go like the Coyote for that.

There are probably 5 times the amount of low mileage verts for sale at any one time. And they sit. These are facts.

Yes CO was available in every other mustang but those looking for a CO Terminator are not cross shopping a CO V6. It’s a rare color on the Terminator bottom line.

The MC guys seem to get very defensive in these threads.

OP I think $30k would be a good price but something tells me the seller isn’t asking close to that.

I agree with all this. Not to mention SB is available on GT’s and V6’s but is still a popular Cobra color that brings coin. Love it or hate MC owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
cars honestly depend on what someone is willing to pay. I know a clown who paid 32k for a redfire vert with 1000 miles on it so go figure.

Goose17

Established Member
cars honestly depend on what someone is willing to pay. I know a clown who paid 32k for a redfire vert with 1000 miles on it so go figure.
I wouldn’t call that buyer a “clown.” How many 1000 mile Terminator verts are left...? Can’t be too many. I’d say that was a good buy. I sold my 4500 mile Mystichrome vert for much more.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn’t call that buyer a “clown.” How many 1000 mile Terminator verts are left...? Can’t be too many. I’d say that was a good buy. I sold my 4500 mile Mystichrome vert for much more.

he's a clown for other reasons, I just associated him with that term in my mind
and I know your mysti was far more appealing than the car he bought

HPLouis

Established Member

I saw a guy on FB with a 5.5 mile (or something like that) black 2003 vert. Everyone was ragging on him but I bet he's got one of the lowest mile cars out there.

HPLouis

Established Member
I agree with all this. Not to mention SB is available on GT’s and V6’s but is still a popular Cobra color that brings coin. Love it or hate MC owners.

It's a popular Cobra color on forums like this one or on the FB pages, but there was one CO that I saw go at Barrett Jackson this year: 2004 FORD MUSTANG COBRA SVT - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions for $38K Here is the same car at BaT: 9k-Mile 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra , again, this year. for around $38.5K.

Now I personally know of a 10K mile MC coupe that sold for $44K. 2004 Ford Mustang | Classic Cars for Sale Michigan: Muscle & Old Cars | Vanguard Motor Sales
I know the guy who bought it a few months ago and that car didn't even last a day.

Like I was saying earlier, the forums might go crazy for CO, SB, etc. but when it comes time to put the money down and pay the big coin, the collector will pay more for the package versus the color. I was considering trading my car about a month ago with someone on FB who had a 16K mile CO coupe. After talking to a few people, I changed my mind, even though I really wanted the CO.

I'm not trying to down any car. They're all great, and if I had the garage space, I would love to have a CO coupe to park next to my MC but, as I've said before, the people who are paying the big dollars are not really frequenting the forums. These places are for people looking to mod their cars and go faster, not collect them.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It's a popular Cobra color on forums like this one or on the FB pages, but there was one CO that I saw go at Barrett Jackson this year: 2004 FORD MUSTANG COBRA SVT - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions for $38K Here is the same car at BaT: 9k-Mile 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra , again, this year. for around $38.5K.

Now I personally know of a 10K mile MC coupe that sold for $44K. 2004 Ford Mustang | Classic Cars for Sale Michigan: Muscle & Old Cars | Vanguard Motor Sales
I know the guy who bought it a few months ago and that car didn't even last a day.

Like I was saying earlier, the forums might go crazy for CO, SB, etc. but when it comes time to put the money down and pay the big coin, the collector will pay more for the package versus the color. I was considering trading my car about a month ago with someone on FB who had a 16K mile CO coupe. After talking to a few people, I changed my mind, even though I really wanted the CO.

I'm not trying to down any car. They're all great, and if I had the garage space, I would love to have a CO coupe to park next to my MC but, as I've said before, the people who are paying the big dollars are not really frequenting the forums. These places are for people looking to mod their cars and go faster, not collect them.

I would say this forum has both people collect and don’t drive them often Goose for example and I’m sure there are others. It will be nice to see what these cars bring down the rod. I get the vert argument but at the same time if I was buying an old muscle car id want a Coupe or fastback. I’m not a vert guy you’re either one or you’re not.

They look good with the top down, top up meh not so much. Also I get your package point but on older cars a lot of times rarity goes over what options or packages were offered.

Goose17

Established Member
I would say this forum has both people collect and don’t drive them often Goose for example and I’m sure there are others. It will be nice to see what these cars bring down the rod. I get the vert argument but at the same time if I was buying an old muscle car id want a Coupe or fastback. I’m not a vert guy you’re either one or you’re not.

They look good with the top down, top up meh not so much. Also I get your package point but on older cars a lot of times rarity goes over what options or packages were offered.

I’ve heard the commentators on Mecum quip more than once: “When the top goes down, the price goes up!” The Terminators just aren’t old enough yet.

For the record, I have driven my previous MC vert quite a bit. It was a fun car to get out in public. I just traded down in miles a couple times and now have a garage queen with 502 miles on the clock.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm saying the same, not over 30. If you do get it, we have a great bunch on FB under Competition Orange Mustang Registry Group.

jrubnercobra

Established Member
What a great conversation. I consider myself lucky to own a low mileage stock black coupe. Even though it is a common color. No matter what color or style these cars are special. It took me 2 fun years of looking and trying to get mine. I have not seen very many stock CO convertibles. You just have to determine if it's what you want and what it's worth to you.

HPLouis

Established Member
I’ve heard the commentators on Mecum quip more than once: “When the top goes down, the price goes up!” The Terminators just aren’t old enough yet.

For the record, I have driven my previous MC vert quite a bit. It was a fun car to get out in public. I just traded down in miles a couple times and now have a garage queen with 502 miles on the clock.

My tuner keeps telling me the same thing. I saw him today for a state inspection on my wife's car and he always reminds me that I will regret getting rid of the 4900 mile MC vert in another 10-15 years.

As much as I hate to admit it....he's probably right. I think the verts will shoot up in price as we move from the racer to the boulevard cruiser as these cars get older and more nostalgic.

HPLouis

Established Member

And I get your point on the rarity too. To be honest, who knows what will happen. I'm just giving my opinion and it will change over time. If you told me last year that someone would pay $38K for a CO or $44K for a MC, I would have laughed at you. Now look at me.
What I posted earlier was just a snapshot of this summer. We know this will change (if it hasn't already, the summer is almost over). With only 281 CO coupes and 72 CO verts, those cars will be rare and expensive and you are right. If you want a CO Terminator, you will not be looking at Mach 1's. For the MC's, there are over 1000 so it's a package but not as rare as the CO. For example, look at the 2003 SB's vs the 10th Anniv's. The SB's are more coveted, even though the 10 Anniv is a package.

I'm betting that this isn't going to be the last time we have a MC vs CO debate on here. This is really going to be a race to the finish.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I understand the rarity of the Vert, trust me. I enjoyed my CO 04 Cobra Coupe...till I didn't. But if you're not a Vert guy I suggest against it. I would NEVER buy a Vert. I don't even want to be seen in one. That's just me so make sure you're ok with it before you pull the trigger. For that kinda money you can buy a MC or CO Coupe.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
The CO convertible is an awesome car! It also is the rarest terminator.

It may be “rare” in the Terminator world, but there were 6,426 Mustangs painted CO in 2004... 1039 Mach 1s.

Ya nope not rarest terminator.

Top ten Rarest in order:
1)-03’ sonic blue/Parchment conv-15 made
2)-03’ SB/parch coupe- 23 made
3)-04 OW/graph conv- 34 made
4)- 04’ TR/graph conv - 35 made
5)- 04’ RF/graph conv -50 made
6)- 03’ TR/parch conv- 56 made
7)- 03’ TR/parch coupe - 59 made
8)- 04’ CO/ charcoal - 72 made
9)- 03’ SS/charcoal -81 made
10)- 04’ B/graph -84 made

Source; Iron fist lead foot

I was wrong in my last post.

Again I argue that the high dollar cars will be the ones above. Unique and properly packaged cars will be what draws.

Things like factory spoiler deletes, Saleen kit. Etc....the one offs.

I desperately want a 04’ OW/graph coupe. But that’s my jamb.

Sent from my POFS iPhone in a rage cause this is the third try.

Users who are viewing this thread