Throttle Cable Bracket

ajaf1656

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I've been reading these forums for quite a while and recently joined since I have purchased a 1999 Cobra motor, transmission, IRS and cat-back exhaust to install in my 2001 Bullitt. Digging through the spare parts boxes I brought home, I've yet to come across the throttle cable bracket that bolts to the intake manifold.
Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase this part? I've tried searching these forums, online parts suppliers, the Ford parts department and google searches. I've come across exactly one for sale on ebay and it was $75. I also ran the same searches for 2003-2004 Mach 1 as I would assume it was the same part.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Well, I ended up finding one on ebay for $50 so I went ahead and ordered it.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I got the part the other day and realized the seller didn't disclose that it was damaged. It will likely work, but I just got done responding to an e-mail from the seller sarcastically thanking me for the negative feedback. I was pretty disappointed to open the package and find a part that was different from the pictured part and nothing in the e-bay listing indicated it was damaged.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Well normally you contact the seller first to resolve it before leaving negative feedback. Accidents to happen although in this case it sounds like the guy was a dick. Get with ebay to resolve the problem and get your money back. Although not sure how you damage a stamped bracket unless it was totally smashed up. You should be able to bend it back.

ajaf1656

Established Member
The dude knew he was sending a different part than what he advertised before he sent it. Selling a different part than you advertised and giving me the task to make it right is wrong.

I'm not trying to get my money back because I need the part and they are hard to find. In the past when I've got the wrong part and disputed it through e-bay, they refunded me and never asked for the part back. I'm not trying too get anything for free.

It's not bent, but the area around the cruise control cable is misshaped. I can't really tell what was done to it. I'll probably be able to make it work by filing the inner part of washer to the correct shape.

My feedback was accurate, and other buyers should be able to know what kind of person they are doing business with. He sent me a few emails bitching about me telling the truth. His last message just said, "You must be a Republican". Haha, what a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread