throttlebody dyno results

cbrtrx

Established Member
i installed a billitflow throttlebody and plenum today and did some dyno testing, i made sure iat1 and 2 matched as well as ect temps on every run so the testing would be fair, end results were that the tb gave me almost 6 hp and 1 ftlb of torque from 5800 rpm to 6500 rpm then i took the tb off and put my stock one back on for 1 more run and it made more tq thru the powerband and 2 more hp then the aftermarket tb , airfuel did not change at all on every run so there is the results take it for what there worth i dont have dyno graphs to scan in but other members saw the results as well, mods are 2.80 pulley, c&l meter, offroad h pipe and catback

Last edited:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by cbrtrx
i installed a billitflow throttlebody and plenum today and did some dyno testing, i made sure iat1 and 2 matched as well as ect temps on every run so the testing would be fair, end results were that the tb gave me almost 6 hp and 1 ftlb of torque from 5800 rpm to 6500 rpm then i took the tb off and put my stock one back on for 1 more run and it made more tq thru the powerband and 2 more hp then the aftermarket tb , airfuel did not change at all on every run so there is the results take it for what there worth i dont have dyno graphs to scan in but other members saw the results as well, mods are 2.80 pulley, c&l meter, offroad h pipe and catback

Did your computer even have time to adjust to the new throttle body and plenum?

cbrtrx

Established Member
i dont believe the computer needed to relearn much considering the airfuel was the same for the runs but i did 3 driving cycles on the dyno so the computer would learn if needed

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
hmmmmmmmmmm, that just doesn't make sense, i loss in power off of a aftermarket TB, not cool. Let us know if you find out what's up with that.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yea, and would like to see what porting the stock throttle body and plenum (aka Amazon), does to the equation????? Not good when spending $500 or so for a mod and losing power......

Last edited:

FINICKY

Established Member
Ive dynoed a BBK T/body and went back to stock and saw no difference at all. I also used a bigger plenum. We were kinda shocked since the car is making Around 520 to the wheels. We figured it would be a restriction. Guess not

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Doesn't surprise me. I have watched 3 Cobra's dynoed with a new single blade and plenium, No gains.....

TRBO VNM

Re: Re: throttlebody dyno results

Originally posted by 03 svtvenom
Did your computer even have time to adjust to the new throttle body and plenum?

mine didn't when I switched to the Amazon ported stock TB and plenum and I picked up 7rwhp and about that in rwtq PEAK. however in the mid rpm range I picked up anywhere from 14-22 or 25 rwhp and rwtq.

bottom line, stock ported combo beats all the aftermarket from everything I have read so far. And it is cheaper to boot!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: throttlebody dyno results

Originally posted by WUTWINE

bottom line, stock ported combo beats all the aftermarket from everything I have read so far. And it is cheaper to boot!

Im starting to think that too!!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: throttlebody dyno results

Originally posted by Juiced-03
Im starting to think that too!!

what about this though?

maloneydynojetsheet.jpg

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I have personally seen a billetflow TB show a 22 hp gain and similar tq gain done back to back without a cool down. I think it is a worthy mod for the looks alone, not to mention improved throttle response.

TRBO VNM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: throttlebody dyno results

Originally posted by dgussin1
what about this though?

maloneydynojetsheet.jpg

nice peak gains, but I would like to see the gains per rpm. Rick was able to print out extra sheets for me to compare the different rpm ranges with the torq and hp. Almost like a spreadsheet type printout. That allowed me to really see what I picked up and not just peak. But that is the only graph I have seen posted so far for a BF.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I have seen an apten cobra go up 22rwhp with a tb change right on the dyno. I wonder why some cars might go up and some cars don't.

Users who are viewing this thread